Surviving Minnesota!

So indoors today . Just finished wiring in a new digital temp controller on a brooder heater . Hope I have chicks on the 22nd . Not sure if the turner is still working . I have another controller I want to put on the incubator when it is empty . So much easier to set .

BC your chickens are not allowed to talk, write, wave or communicate with mine in any fashion whatsoever. I do not want mine to know how nice yours have it..
Ok Ralphie. 🥺 the Marans girls are big and pushy. Your chooks might find them annoying.
How many birds are you down to now? I have 11. Pretty easy to spoil 11. I’m thinking 9 were even easier last winter.
Between Sentry and the Marans sisters they are plowing through the feed. Those 3 are eaters. And you know what that translates to. Lots of schite-ola.
Spoiling comes a lot easier when the basic duties are easier to handle.

We are up to -8° today, wind-chill is only bring it down to the mid -20s today. Birds will enjoy this nicer weather. The Wyandotte pullet has 5 eggs under her, hopefully they all hatch and then I think my sister will be done hatching she doesn't want to sell any

Ok Ralphie. 🥺 the Marans girls are big and pushy. Your chooks might find them annoying.
How many birds are you down to now? I have 11. Pretty easy to spoil 11. I’m thinking 9 were even easier last winter.
Between Sentry and the Marans sisters they are plowing through the feed. Those 3 are eaters. And you know what that translates to. Lots of schite-ola.
Spoiling comes a lot easier when the basic duties are easier to handle.
I have 17 in the one “coop” 5 girls and 12boys. Boys are all Doms 3 of the girls are doms the other two white legbars.. I thought about removing the legbars to the legbar pen. But they hate not being with their friends.

The other shed has 4 cream leg bars 3 hens 1 rooster in one cage..

Another pen has 2 white legbar cockerels and 4 pullets..

I have 3 toads one cock, one hen and a pullet in a pen...

Then I have about a dozen or so free range hens and a couple dozen rooster...

Finally I have my spare rooster pen with about 20 roosters... toads...doms and white legbars...

so how many is that, I lost count..

Did you want a turkey count too?

Back
Top Bottom