Surviving Minnesota!

Once the bitterness is removed do they still taste like crap?
I will never grow Black Beauty eggplant again. I did not like the thorns, the bitterness or the texture of Black Beauty.

Nadia on the other hand did not have noticeable thorns. It did not have any bitterness and had a pleasing texture to me. You probably still would not like Nadia if you don't care for zucchini because I could pass the breaded fried Nadia eggplant off for zucchini.

Ralphie, those photos from your estate are quite depressing to me. You have absolutely no snow ? If you wish a few feet I can spare some.
One of my cloud pruned Amur maple's is now a trunk with broken branches and a cut leaf birch that has been growing here for several years has snapped off about 3 ft above the ground. These late winter storms are the worst.
Oh to live in the Mn. Banana Belt, where men are men and Sasquatches are afraid !

Ralphie, those photos from your estate are quite depressing to me. You have absolutely no snow ? If you wish a few feet I can spare some.
One of my cloud pruned Amur maple's is now a trunk with broken branches and a cut leaf birch that has been growing here for several years has snapped off about 3 ft above the ground. These late winter storms are the worst.
Oh to live in the Mn. Banana Belt, where men are men and Sasquatches are afraid !

We still have small patches of snow on the north side of the buildings and where it drifts heavy.

I have a friend in the Hillman Area about 35-40 miles north of me, he has been without electricity since Sunday’s storm. He told me there were dozens of power poles snapped in half. He lives about a mile off the road and he said he had 11 of his snapped in half.

I am debating calling my 4 gallons of syrup enough for the year. It is getting time to do other things. I also thought it might be too late to go to Togo for more. But based on what you are saying and the pictures my daughter send us, it could be too early up there.

As far as your more than generous kind offer to let me have some of your snow, I think I will have to pass on that. But thanks anyways!

No Ralphie....don't need any eggplant! Blah. They cook it every which down here & I have yet to like it cooked any way. Same with the greens.
After all this I no longer feel any need to pretend to or try to appreciate the beautiful but utterly disappointing eggplant. :gig :lau :gig

Back
Top Bottom