Surviving Minnesota!

The geese are pretty. They can make good pets too. But they are such a mess.
I'll eat most of them, except the parents. They all free range except being locked in at night, so unless they're in the brooder it hasn't been a problem. But we have 12.5 acres, mostly in grass, which in summer keeps them berry, berry happy. 😊 I could be a goose rancher... :lau Only I'd have to find a processor to sell them to and I seriously doubt there'd be much of a market for them, even at Christmas, so... 🤷‍♀️

I'll eat most of them, except the parents. They all free range except being locked in at night, so unless they're in the brooder it hasn't been a problem. But we have 12.5 acres, mostly in grass, which in summer keeps them berry, berry happy. 😊 I could be a goose rancher... :lau Only I'd have to find a processor to sell them to and I seriously doubt there'd be much of a market for them, even at Christmas, so... 🤷‍♀️
We have eaten a few, but I get to attached, and haven’t had more than 6 at a time. our neighbors brought their “extra” to an auction and did very well with all the geese they brought in the fall ( 60 or 80 I cannot remember) it was pre Coronavirus, so I’m really interested to see what they go for this fall???

So the hole digging labrador redeemed herself yesterday. An eagle landed on a big pine tree in the yard and she went bezerk in the house and we let her out. She barked up in the air and out into the yard and that eagle took off. She quit barking. She's learned that they're no good in this yard I guess. We have went out yelling and screaming. Banging Pots and Pans. :D and that smart cookie understands the routine of a bird of prey landing on our big perches out there.

Looks like I have a LGD labrador, duck retrieving, hole digging, no pheasant retrieving, tennis ball nut.

My husband found these by our barn today. We have never tried morels before. Does anyone know how they grow and if they are more likely to multiply for future years if unpicked? (Also - this looks like the real deal?)

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_232234_01.jpg
    IMG_20200528_232234_01.jpg
    708.4 KB · Views: 4
Yes the real deal . Pick cook and eat . Morel growth is poorly understood . They may return and they may not . My favorite way to cook is cut in half lengthwise soak in water to get any bugs and dirt out . Dip in egg wash and roll in fine saltine cracker crumbs . Fry in real butter until golden brown on both sides . Enjoy .

Back
Top Bottom