Surviving Minnesota!

I have been busy fishin all day. I did well brought back 20-30 sunnies, 7-8 bass, a walleye and 2 northerns.

It is about the time of year I stop keeping bass, but this is a deep cold lake, hopefully they will be good.

We were trolling this evening, and I thought I had hooked a Weed. I started reeling it in and it got noticeably heavier. The water is pretty clear in this lake, as I got closer I saw I had a short northern, and a huge northern on the same Rapala.

I got them both in the boat, the larger northern had the smaller one in his mouth, like a dog carries a bone. The small one I would guess is 14-16 inches long. The large one was 36 inches long 10-12 pound range. I will weigh him tomorrow, he is on ice now.

There were some guys on shore watching me land it, they couldn’t believe I got two at once, they offered me beer for the feat.

If anyone wants to fish the lake, I can’t tell you it’s name, but I can give you hints to narrow it down, it’s north of I-94, south of International Falls, is 100 ft deep and less than 200 acres in size and it has a boat landing.

Morning . Congrats on the fishing . Did Judy fish ? I bet she out fished you except on the northern .

The WW fished some, but most of her fishing consisted of reading, sipping a beer, napping, complaining because we were still fishing, trying to get me to stop fishing so she could sit in the water, asking how much longer we are going to be fishing, telling me I had enough fish and we should go now, *itching because I like using a cane pole for sunnies, telling me her reel doesn’t work, and other things.

But she did a great job getting the net under the northern.

1C75EF47-4119-4BE0-97D9-CF75E333A928.jpeg
57B9A819-FF4E-40B6-81F2-83F7C57C2AE4.jpeg

I have been busy fishin all day. I did well brought back 20-30 sunnies, 7-8 bass, a walleye and 2 northerns.

It is about the time of year I stop keeping bass, but this is a deep cold lake, hopefully they will be good.

We were trolling this evening, and I thought I had hooked a Weed. I started reeling it in and it got noticeably heavier. The water is pretty clear in this lake, as I got closer I saw I had a short northern, and a huge northern on the same Rapala.

I got them both in the boat, the larger northern had the smaller one in his mouth, like a dog carries a bone. The small one I would guess is 14-16 inches long. The large one was 36 inches long 10-12 pound range. I will weigh him tomorrow, he is on ice now.

There were some guys on shore watching me land it, they couldn’t believe I got two at once, they offered me beer for the feat.

If anyone wants to fish the lake, I can’t tell you it’s name, but I can give you hints to narrow it down, it’s north of I-94, south of International Falls, is 100 ft deep and less than 200 acres in size and it has a boat landing.
I thought I was on to you until you listed "has a boat landing". That eliminated Cranberry Lake. Near your old stomping grounds, but you likely are not familiar with it?

Epic!

Austin says he won’t believe your story until he sees the lake you did this on. He wants to know why you only showed the picture of the big fish. He also said quite the fish story

Austin says he won’t believe your story until he sees the lake you did this on. He wants to know why you only showed the picture of the big fish. He also said quite the fish story

I might as well take out ads and get a billboard, telling Austin what lake would be the same thing.

Judy took a picture of the little fish in the big fishes mouth.. we re-created it before they became fish sticks.

I thought I was on to you until you listed "has a boat landing". That eliminated Cranberry Lake. Near your old stomping grounds, but you likely are not familiar with it?

I know of a few cranberry lakes but I figured they are all local names like “mud” lake. None of the cranberry lakes I know of have fish.

Back
Top Bottom