Surviving Minnesota!

Oh gosh holm. Funny things happen when you jump on here to say ‘hi’.
my son has not had a steady girlfriend either. He says they are too expensive. Lol. He’s a bit of a miser. Like his mother.

we just back from fall lake and my big partridge chantecler rooster from TFred (mike Gilbert bird) is gone. Ugh. Sentry is filling a belly in the woods. Now Thinking we have bobcat or fox . Will do a week lock down for my remaining 7 hens. Got the game cam up.
They were locked up for 3 1/2 days. 1 1/2 days out free ranging with my sister, bil, and big golden retriever. In the space of 1 1/2 hours after they left and and we pulled in with RV he was taken. Feathers go down the trail toward the lake. I just feel so bad and helpless right now. Kids and dog on alert.
A3B3C6E8-C396-48E7-BEA3-2CB6CF95C211.jpeg

he was really such a good churdling cooing rooster who loved building nests.
we always love having our hens protected but for me this is a big loss. Shucks...

on other news:
EBF9DBCB-5868-4F52-8966-81C25E656083.jpeg

Southern Illinois flowers may like growing here in northern MN after all! These are Jerry’s magic flowers that I’ve been watering for 5 years in hopes a chicken won’t step on the leaves too much, etc etc.
He is up here now I think. I’ll buzz over . Check his work, see his cabin and show my flower picture.

Back
Top Bottom