Surviving Minnesota!

I have never found a better short season tomato than Northern Exposure. Unfortunately Burpee's discontinued it 3 or 4 years ago. I am getting down to the last of my seeds. Fortunately a fellow BYC member reminded me that tomato plants can be cloned.

These are in my living room. They are 4" in diameter. I foresee BLTs soon.
Northern_exposure_tomato_X1134107_01-13-2021-001.jpg

I have never found a better short season tomato than Northern Exposure. Unfortunately Burpee's discontinued it 3 or 4 years ago. I am getting down to the last of my seeds. Fortunately a fellow BYC member reminded me that tomato plants can be cloned.

These are in my living room. They are 4" in diameter. I foresee BLTs soon.View attachment 2493193
I am so jealous!

Apparently I left the door to the run open last night, neighbors had stopped by before dark and stayed a couple hours and I totally forgot the chickens. I looked out the window this morning and a buffy was out wandering in the snow. Everyone is accounted for. That was the first time I did that and hopefully the last. :he

Apparently I left the door to the run open last night, neighbors had stopped by before dark and stayed a couple hours and I totally forgot the chickens. I looked out the window this morning and a buffy was out wandering in the snow. Everyone is accounted for. That was the first time I did that and hopefully the last. :he
I am impressed it’s only your first time. I would guess Princess stood at the door to ward off all predators.

My birds were pretty upset this morning.

I have not fed them for a couple days. They have been making a terrible mess spreading feed everywhere for about 6 ft around the feeders.

I told them the other day they had to clean up what they dropped on the floor before they got anymore.

Today it was finally cleaned up. I split one bag between the two feeders and left it at that. You would have thought I never feed them the way they rushed me. I will fill the feeders tomorrow.

I can normally go a week on two bags. But it would have been too hard to fight my way through the starving birds to fill the feeders.

I think the three eggs I got 2 weeks ago were a fluke. Nothing since then.

Back
Top Bottom