Surviving Minnesota!

About like any other tomato . I do not know if it is a variety characteristic or old seed .If I can get my own new seed I may find out . The one plant I have is not growing as well as others .:confused:
I bought some of the Oregon spring Molpet posted. I hope to plant it in the garden next week. I don’t hold out a lot of hope for it.

The WW said I couldn’t plant all 250 seeds. I bet her I could.

Pretty sure I will win the bet.

I thought sandy soil was what they like . Got that at the lake . Some people have huge patches near the road . I may make a sandy raised bed here for some .

I planted some white Hesperis seeds I got off eBay . I only have blue ones now . They are a European wildflower .
All I have is sand and lupine grows well here where it isn't watered. Where I water, it gets drowned out.

Did some mowing and took a walk in the woods . No mushrooms . I did dig a clump of woodland phlox for Mom's grave for Mother's Day . Her favorite flower . Dad always picked her some . When he passed I promised her sweet Williams - woodland phlox for Mother's Day . Never broke a promise to mom . Since I had them in a bucket I put them next to the Hesperis for comparison . Hesperis a little over hip high and stems pencil size . Phlox less than knee high and thin stems . Sharing information .
DSCN1061.JPG

Jerry, you should have no problem growing Lupines at the lake. The wild variety spread quite rapidly. You could attempt to transplant them or collect seed from them. Many years ago I got seed from Park Seed if memory serves correctly. They grew very well and self seeded. My soil here is what I would classify as sandy loam with much rock included.

Yesterday I bought a pot of lupine to try here . I have seed packet for the lake . I need to visit a plant nursery up north to find some started lupine . Want to find some potted rhubarb for the lake also .

Yesterday I bought a pot of lupine to try here . I have seed packet for the lake . I need to visit a plant nursery up north to find some started lupine . Want to find some potted rhubarb for the lake also .
You may have difficulty finding started Lupine up here, as they are regarded as a wildflower and generally not in demand?

Back
Top Bottom