Surviving Minnesota!

Still have my computer . Geek squad says it is third party battery I installed . Got second covid shot and feeling like getting a cold or something . Reaction ? :confused:
I had no reactions and felt a lot better 30hrs after I got my 2nd. Bad was having to rest after brushing my teeth. Better was able to work 15min before resting. I'm up to 45mins ....still stinks

I was down for about 18 hours after the second shot.
Ralphie sounds like your home running saint Judy ragged. Tending your hobbies.
I have been peeling a cat out of trees with ladders teetering and telescoping poles with push broom head wrapped in towel and not one ounce of sense.

work.
attending weddings.
Attending baby showers.

will need to get boat out of the water. It’s an I/o so it’s a pita. This weekend’s project.
A beautiful fall. But too dry yet. The River running through town is bone dry. Sad.
No mushrooms.
wondering if you all could give me a few opinions on my coop for the winter. this will be my first winter with them. they are in an old chicken coop that was here on the property when we bought the farm. it is made from solid lumber but some of them are just warn away for the wind and weather. they are thin in a few spots where you can see through. do i need to seal up those places so there is no draft at all? if so what do you suggest i use? plastic on the inside? outside? buy some tin? use scrap pieces of tin and just cover those spots? im not worried about it looking pretty just dont what my chickens and turkeys to get frost bite. do you free range in the winter? im afraid they will all go stir crazy from boredom if i dont? sorry for all the questions :rolleyes:

there was a visitor here asking about wintering chickens. Search bar the topic for threads. I’ll see if I can find some advice from earlier years I’ve given. It really depends on your coop’s design. Do you have a photo? where the hole is in you’re old farm coop. I would fix with similar wood. and strategically place ventilation near the top with a small draw spot down below. If it’s an older farm coop those old timers sometimes already have that set.
If we have a lot of snow your chickens will not like it and will prefer the coop and run. If there’s a little bit and warming enough they may free range in the winter.
if you have large combed varieties they will get winter dubbed in minnesota. The feet are needing the most protection. 2 x 4’s on the flat wide side for covering feet. Set lower so no broken toes or feet. Consider straw mixed in with pine shavings for extra insulation and cushion on the feet.
Also when searching threads understand that Minnesota chickening is different than chickening in Kentucky, Alabama, etc. even Coastal Maine or Oregon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom