Surviving Minnesota!

I had covid during the rut last year . Tried a couple of times but just wasn't up to it . Maybe this year . Lots of rain coming my way . Starting tonight through Monday night . 4 inches expected .

A73D13D5-5E98-4960-AFCC-1C967C206F65.jpeg

E66D8E56-4124-4FC2-B51F-2122A7E84348.jpeg

0BA2E7A3-8CFA-4664-A7B3-498B2738A03E.jpeg

Mission complete tonight. Got my daughter a Leech Lake sow pig of a fish.
the bite has been on all week.

Momma got a couple too. Sure is something to see big fish. The lake has a rare small keeper any more. But this was fun. just a pleasure to be out. Catching and releasing. A little chilly on the hands after a while. But embracing my scandinavian hardiness. Listening to the gulls happily picking up creek chubs that were lost from their lindy rigs. Gorgeous night.

Hello from Texas. Beautiful sunset. My husband is a MN Native (North St. Paul) and we lived outside the Twin Cities for almost five years until I dropped my keys in a snowbank and locked myself out of our apartment. :D I knew it was time to go home. I admire your hardiness.

View attachment 2876278
View attachment 2876279
View attachment 2876280
Mission complete tonight. Got my daughter a Leech Lake sow pig of a fish.
the bite has been on all week.

Momma got a couple too. Sure is something to see big fish. The lake has a rare small keeper any more. But this was fun. just a pleasure to be out. Catching and releasing. A little chilly on the hands after a while. But embracing my scandinavian hardiness. Listening to the gulls happily picking up creek chubs that were lost from their lindy rigs. Gorgeous night.
Nice bullhead!

Morning . Heavy rain and flash flood watch here . Through Monday evening . So nothing doing outside today . Rain and wind will bring down some leaves .

I ordered 25 persimmon seedlings . Should arrive tomorrow . Wildlife planting and some human consumption . I will grow them in the garden until they get larger . Found out the hard way they are too small to plant in the woods yet . Persimmon is not common here but will grow here .

This is a production year for my walnuts. I've been reluctant to spread them on the driveway to dehusk them but I didn't get very far cleaning them by hand. The rest will go on the driveway tomorrow.

I found some husk fly larve. I know they are not a big deal in general. Do any of you know if they are okay for chickens? I'm thinking not because the juglone is definitely there. Even if that doesn't affect the chickens, I don't want it in the bedding since it will go to the garden next spring.

This is a production year for my walnuts. I've been reluctant to spread them on the driveway to dehusk them but I didn't get very far cleaning them by hand. The rest will go on the driveway tomorrow.

I found some husk fly larve. I know they are not a big deal in general. Do any of you know if they are okay for chickens? I'm thinking not because the juglone is definitely there. Even if that doesn't affect the chickens, I don't want it in the bedding since it will go to the garden next spring.
My chickens and turkeys love them. They also like the nuts after the mower breaks them open

Back
Top Bottom