Surviving Minnesota!

I know. That is how I ended up with them. Someone illegally broadcast the seed along the roadway. They don't understand the concept that it isn't their property and they have no right to scatter seeds wherever they want to.
Yes I see lots of people posting on FB groups that they do that. I inform them of the issues. Usually what gets through is that causes spraying and the monarchs get killed

They are a nasty invasive weed that is impossible to get rid of once established. They spread by both roots and seeds. You can't dig deep enough to get all the roots if you try to taker them out that way.
Yeah i know. Faemers hate them for that reason. But i think its pretty and i like butterflies. It sure hasn't spread hwre where i want ot to. But.. of course those seeds probably blow off and end up where people don't want them. Lol.
People doing native and butterfly garden buy them. Mainly town folks
Some of those "butterfly plants" are not milkweed. Usless to the monarchs anyway.

Yeah i know. Faemers hate them for that reason. But i think its pretty and i like butterflies. It sure hasn't spread hwre where i want ot to. But.. of course those seeds probably blow off and end up where people don't want them. Lol.

Some of those "butterfly plants" are not milkweed. Usless to the monarchs anyway.
The Monarchs here spend lots of time on flowers that are not milkweed. I see them on the Rocky Mountain Bee Plant a lot.

The Monarchs here spend lots of time on flowers that are not milkweed. I see them on the Rocky Mountain Bee Plant a lot.
They feed on lots of other plants sure. But they need milkweed to reproduce.
Screenshot_20220925-132602_Chrome.jpg

Local milkweed is best. Idk iffin it would do any good.
This stuff wasn't local here. It grows everywhere here, where it's watered and where it isn't watered. It does much better where it is watered.

It is entirely up to you. If you want them, I will box them up and send them. If you don't want them, that is fine too.

Back
Top Bottom