Sussex Co Poultry Fanciers Event (Augusta, NJ)

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:
Silkies!! What color(s)?

Hi Airilith,
We we have picked out some silkies for the sale. We'll have white,black,blue & splash. We have a young pullet out of our champion splash hen that will be in that bunch too. So see you at the show!
April​

Hmmmm I might have to take some blues off your hands!!!

Quote:
Really? I had just assumed the sale would start at 9 too. Now I'll have to revise my departure time in the morning. Haha!

EDIT: Well I called Arlene the contact lady listed on the website. She said that there was no set sale time, but to try to come early in the morning (she suggested 8am). She sounded like there should be a lot of sale. There will also be food for sale. And she said there were 950 birds in the show. Wow that's alot!!! She also said not to forget boxes for those of us expecting to buy birds.

Soooo exciting!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
I posted the SCPFA show information three days before this thread (10/7/09) and got no response at all so I am glad some of you are going. I am going and showing 20 birds (phoenix, araucanas, ameraucanas, bearded silkies and showgirls). I can bring birds to sell but this is my last call so I can plan on fitting them in the car.

By the way, rowan1 I PM'd you and would love to bring you a male araucana or ameraucana but need to know what color bird you want so do get back to me before 11 pm tonight and I am leaving around 7 am so keep that in mind.

I may bring a silkie pair who hatched in July (3 months old) and they are :
White bearded silkie (think is a girl) and a black interesting looking tailed feather footed cockerel who is half silkie/half araucana and the father is a black tufted rumpless araucana.

I have a variety of males (may even do a pair for you if I know and have room).
I have phoenix, araucana, ameraucana and some beautiful mixes too. OR follow me home after the show it is about a 50 minute trip to my farm and select your own.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to have to call out sick for tomorrow.

I really want to get four more laying hens.

If someone can say by 4 tomorrow morning that they'll have four laying hens (around 12 months) for me, then I'll call out from work and be there.

I'm looking for hardy girls. I don't want any more Red Stars, Polish, or Silkies.

I'd like Barred Rocks or Aracaunas (sp?).

Please.

I'll call out sick from work just so I can bring home more girls!

Well, I ended up calling out sick. I stayed up too late last night, and felt wiped out this morning. Sooooo .....

I got there at about 11, and came home with 2 black Austrolorps, 2 black Barred Rock/Langerhore (sp?) crosses, and 2 striped Barred Rock/Langerhore(sp?) crosses. Supposedly, all but one are laying.

Back
Top Bottom