Svart Hona x Swedish Bluebar Chicks- Local Pickup - Augusta County, Virginia

Kindercare

Songster
7 Years
Apr 18, 2016
Virginia
All,

It's that time again! I have day old straight run chicks available for local pickup. Cash or electronic payment accepted. Minimum purchase of 3 chicks.
  • Svart Honas x Swedish Bluebar crosses (all have a 75% chance of laying blue/green eggs), $10 each.
I also have hatching eggs! $2.50 a piece

Please PM if interested.

Background:
I've been working for 5 years to develop a chicken here in the United States similar to the all-black fibro-melanistic blue-egg laying chickens of China called Dongxiang and Lushi. You can read more about that here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/dongxiang-or-lushi.956303/

I have chicks from my most recent hatch that don't quite meet my breeding standard (some white toes or wings tips), but are still very beautiful and most will turn black as they get older. They all hatched from sky blue eggs (photos of blue eggs below) from a rooster with a confirmed blue egg gene. All have a 75% chance of laying sky blue eggs.

Photos:
2024-02-26 17.43.32.jpg

2024-02-26 17.54.19.jpg

local pickup.

All,

It's that time again! I have day old straight run chicks available for local pickup. Cash or electronic payment accepted. Minimum purchase of 3 chicks.
  • Svart Honas x Swedish Bluebar crosses (all have a 75% chance of laying blue/green eggs), $10 each.
I also have hatching eggs! $2.50 a piece

Please PM if interested.

Background:
I've been working for 5 years to develop a chicken here in the United States similar to the all-black fibro-melanistic blue-egg laying chickens of China called Dongxiang and Lushi. You can read more about that here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/dongxiang-or-lushi.956303/

I have chicks from my most recent hatch that don't quite meet my breeding standard (some white toes or wings tips), but are still very beautiful and most will turn black as they get older. They all hatched from sky blue eggs (photos of blue eggs below) from a rooster with a confirmed blue egg gene. All have a 75% chance of laying sky blue eggs.

Photos:
View attachment 3758116

View attachment 3758117
local pickup.
Beautiful eggs! None of my hens are broody, though. :hit
Hope you find good homes for them (and the chicks)!

Back
Top Bottom