swamp cooler

Sillystunt

Master of the Silly
11 Years
Jul 11, 2008
Winter Haven, FL
Ever sunday i watch this kids show and they build a swap cooler/ solar to attach to a dog house and it cools it off 10 degrees. It cost's nothing and was like a bin/tubes and other stuff

WHY do i always forget to write down the plans....lol It would work great for my chicken coop!!!

has anyone tried the solar powered vents?I need to get on this cause summer is coming and it is sooo hot here already!

MENTAL NOTE TO SELF....get a pen and paper silly!

Swamp Coolers are awesome BUT, they are mainly used in Western States, California, Nevada, Arizona, reason being , there heat is a dry heat, unfortunately you in Fl and myself in Tn, our heat is full of humitiy ....How i know this, i use to work for a company Associates, they contracted us out to be operators for Southern California Edison Power, about my 2nd week on the phone someone mentioned a swamp cooler,
idunno.gif
....i put my customer on hold called my assist line, uh whats a swamp cooler lol had never heard of them, and thats why nobody uses them on the East Coast for reasons i explained....but in Cali there used alot in homes attics etc.....

Actually lots of my VW friends use them in their buses when camping....
I know go figure! This was a local show as well here on Fox Tampa bay.

I HAVE NO REAL CLUE ABOUT THESE BY THE WAY....LOL

Why can't it work here??? I just don't want to use an a/c for my chickens but this was all solar.

i need to find a link and tell me what you think cause like i said before..I am clueless

SOOOOOO thats a yes to swanp coolers in FL???LOL Sorry i am soooo tierd! I am getting silly

High dewpoint (humidity) conditions decrease the cooling capability of the evaporative cooler

Last edited:
Quote:
Um no. You know how on a muggy evening you get sweaty and it just doesn't seem to help cool you off? That's because the humidity is too high to effectively evaporate the sweat.

The same thing would happen to the swamp cooler, the outdoor humidity would rise and it would make the cooling capacity of the swamp cooler almost zilch.

yeah, i know! right like i put.....High dewpoint (humidity) conditions decrease the cooling capability of the evaporative cooler

Told you i am silly tired....LOL

Back
Top Bottom