Swan info please

CARiddle

Hatching
Jun 7, 2020
We are thinking about swans to keep at our pond.
Don’t know where to start looking and find info on them. We actually had 3 white swans visit our pond for a couple of days last week, probably passing through. I live in Huntsville, Alabama. We are looking to build a floating house for them or whatever we need to do. We have about 100-125 Canada geese we’d like to remove and hoping the swans will detour them. Any advice for city dwellers wanting swans?

Don’t know where to start looking and find info on them. We actually had 3 white swans visit our pond for a couple of days last week, probably passing through. I live in Huntsville, Alabama. We are looking to build a floating house for them or whatever we need to do. We have about 100-125 Canada geese we’d like to remove and hoping the swans will detour them. Any advice for city dwellers wanting swans?

I have talked to lots of people who have built floating houses for their waterfowl, and not one has said they ever used it.

I had 3 female swans and we just put them in a pen for winter. A vandal and a snapping Turtle killed 2 of them. I am currently raising a trumpeter Swan the dnr dropped off. I work at a large cemetery I Iowa that is a wooded park atmosphere. We would like to buy some female swans to raise with our other swans. We have to avoid pairs because them chasing people at funerals! We would like a couple of mute swans to keep the other one company. If you know of anyplace that sells them let me know. Thanks

I had 3 female swans and we just put them in a pen for winter. A vandal and a snapping Turtle killed 2 of them. I am currently raising a trumpeter Swan the dnr dropped off. I work at a large cemetery I Iowa that is a wooded park atmosphere. We would like to buy some female swans to raise with our other swans. We have to avoid pairs because them chasing people at funerals! We would like a couple of mute swans to keep the other one company. If you know of anyplace that sells them let me know. Thanks
@The Phantom has a mute swan hen availible and really nice hand raised trumpeter swans from this year and last year but they are males or pairs only. You could get 2 males and put them together if you dont want a pair.

I have some female mute swans available. For temperament wise the trumpeters I have are much nicer. If your not looking to breed them male pairs are great. They act like a pair but there is no aggression, or nesting behavior. We had a female pair a while back and they would lay eggs and try to hatch them. The male trumpeters we have are very calm and can be pet

I have some female mute swans available. For temperament wise the trumpeters I have are much nicer. If your not looking to breed them male pairs are great. They act like a pair but there is no aggression, or nesting behavior. We had a female pair a while back and they would lay eggs and try to hatch them. The male trumpeters we have are very calm and can be pet
Our females did the same. We had a pair of males that would fight a little. We have 2 ponds. My thought is to buy some young swans and put them in pen through the winter with our rescued trumpeter swan. We would put in our hurt Canadian goose who likes our mute swan. We had a little black duck that bonded with the 2 female mute swans for years!

Our females did the same. We had a pair of males that would fight a little. We have 2 ponds. My thought is to buy some young swans and put them in pen through the winter with our rescued trumpeter swan. We would put in our hurt Canadian goose who likes our mute swan. We had a little black duck that bonded with the 2 female mute swans for years!
Yes the young ones bond well. If your looking for any young male trumpeter swan pairs we have a few!

Back
Top Bottom