Swedish duck question!!!!!

Quote:
This is incorrect
blue to blue = 50% blue, 25%black and 25% silver

I thought it was like all blue genes, but I wasnt sure. So the blacks WONT have crests?

Quote:
This is incorrect
blue to blue = 50% blue, 25%black and 25% silver

I thought it was like all blue genes, but I wasnt sure. So the blacks WONT have crests?

nope, if one of the parents is crested then all of the colors will have the same chance to be crested

Quote:

nope, if one of the parents is crested then all of the colors will have the same chance to be crested

Ok! Thank you soooooooo much!!! All of you!

Quote:
Then your hen was not silver. Blue to Silver gives only Blues and Silvers. Any photos of the duck and drake in question?
smile.png

70%cocoa :

Quote:
Then your hen was not silver. Blue to Silver gives only Blues and Silvers. Any photos of the duck and drake in question?
smile.png

I thought thay was interesting to. Lol.... Hey, how do you like your swedishes!?​

Quote:
Love 'em. They are a nice, solid duck that is pretty easy going. They are cuddly-looking and I like that
smile.png
Plus, the ducklings are gorgeous (although all ducklings are....). You don't need to wait till they are 6 months old or more to tell how well marked the offspring will be so you can choose the best at a young age. Mine also lay very well. They are not that noisy (less noisy than my chickens). I like all the there colours they come in.

I chose Swedish for all the above reasons and also because they are very rare round here (only ever seen one at a show).

Pics9-25-2011021.jpg

Blue Drake in the back. ETA: This was takin last month when I had to put all of them together since I needed space for my call ducks.

5-23-2011034.jpg

This is the most recent picture I have of the female. This was takin back in March before they were put in the breeder pens. She's the one flapping her wings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom