SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told my ducks were blue and black Swedish ducks. 2 turned out to be Rouen ducks but the other 2 look pretty close to Swedish. I'm not 100% sure because my female has a lot of white on her. Thoughts? No better people to ask then people with them. In the picture she is in the front and he is behind her

I see one rouen a blue swedish drake and the last looks to be a blue swedish mix I'm thinking.

I have 6 little swedish ducklings that are 3 weeks old. I am trying to name them, I would love to hear what you guys have named some of your ducks.

Could any of you give me some advice on when I can start giving my blue swedish ducklings starter feed ?? I have 4 blue and 2 black swedish ducklings and they are barely 4 weeks old :) cutest and sweetest ever

Hello all! Just looking to get some info on my ducks! I currently have one blue swedish drake and one black swedish female. I've never owned ducks before and do not know much about them. They were hatched in early July and are about 4 months old. Just wondering when my female will start laying eggs? And if she will sit on the eggs herself? Or, if we will have to get an incubator if we want ducklings? We live in northern Colorado and the ducks have their own pond and shed shelter to stay in at night. Otherwise they are free roam in my backyard during the day. I do not have a heat source set up for them yet this winter as it hasn't been very cold yet. Only about 30 degrees at night so far. If i want her to start laying, should I set up a heat lamp? Also, I do not really want ducklings until spring if possible. Too much to deal with this winter. :/ ANY advice/ info helps! Also, they are currently eating scratch grains mixed with flock raiser. Should I switch their food to something different since they are getting older? THANKS

Hello all! Just looking to get some info on my ducks! I currently have one blue swedish drake and one black swedish female. I've never owned ducks before and do not know much about them.  They were hatched in early July and are about 4 months old. Just wondering when my female will start laying eggs? And if she will sit on the eggs herself? Or, if we will have to get an incubator if we want ducklings? We live in northern Colorado and the ducks have their own pond and shed shelter to stay in at night. Otherwise they are free roam in my backyard during the day.  I do not have a heat source set up for them yet this winter as it hasn't been very cold yet.  Only about 30 degrees at night so far. If i want her to start laying, should I set up a heat lamp?  Also, I do not really want ducklings until spring if possible. Too much to deal with this winter.  :/ ANY advice/ info helps! Also, they are currently eating scratch grains mixed with flock raiser. Should I switch their food to something different since they are getting older? THANKS
She will probably start laying at around 6 months if age. I only have hens so I can't help you on the other subjects. Good luck.
Mandy

Back
Top Bottom