SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this could be way off, but those bills look Runnerish to me. Could they be Runner x Pekin?
I would love to know. I'm new to ducks. The family was only at the farmer's market the one time and I was told by the father that they were Pekin eggs. I should have asked what other ducks he had. I bought chicken eggs too for Turken, Maran and RIR. Those were accurate.

I guess we will know more when they get bigger. Right now they are adorable, funny, and cuddley.

Does anyone know how Blue Swedish ducks came to be? I ask because someone yesterday pointed out that my ducks look like Blue Swedish. I agree there is a definite resemblance. My ducks come from two snowy mallard mothers and a buff Orpington father.
They're the size of the buff, lay small blue eggs like the snowy mallard, and they can fly like the mallard.

Even as ducklings they looked like the Blue Swedish ducklings in this thread.

Does anyone know how Blue Swedish ducks came to be? I ask because someone yesterday pointed out that my ducks look like Blue Swedish. I agree there is a definite resemblance. My ducks come from two snowy mallard mothers and a buff Orpington father.
They're the size of the buff, lay small blue eggs like the snowy mallard, and they can fly like the mallard.

Even as ducklings they looked like the Blue Swedish ducklings in this thread.

Blue is a dilution gene that affects black pigment on the extended black allele. It is incompletely dominant, so one only needs one blue duck to potentially create more blue ducks. Blue x blue can yield black, blue or silver/splash (which is very pale and almost looks silvery white) ducklings. As in Swedish ducks.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your ducks.

I was told my ducks were blue and black Swedish ducks. 2 turned out to be Rouen ducks but the other 2 look pretty close to Swedish. I'm not 100% sure because my female has a lot of white on her. Thoughts? No better people to ask then people with them. In the picture she is in the front and he is behind her

Back
Top Bottom