SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shawnadoodlebug, Oct 10, 2011.

1. cmr

cmr In the Brooder

Nov 9, 2011
    Norman, Oklahoma
    This is my Swedish. my son m=named her Screamin' Monkey as she has the loudest quack of all our ducks.

[​IMG]

I hope the pic loads.

2. cmr

cmr In the Brooder

Nov 9, 2011
    Norman, Oklahoma
    I was wondering if you all thought the duck in the back looks to have Swedish in her. At times we think she is/has runner & then she looks like our Swedish.

[​IMG]

jmoschner likes this.
  3. animalpro24

animalpro24 Songster

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    Quote:She defiantly has Swedish in her. But she also looks like she has Blue Runner in her two. Most likely a mix of the two. Very cute! Is the duck in front a rouen or a mallard?

4. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Songster

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    Cmr, you definitely have a blue duck there [​IMG] But as to whether she has Swedish in her background, who knows. You can get that colour by crossing a Cayuga with a Saxony (which will turn the black into blue).

5. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Songster

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:She defiantly has Swedish in her. But she also looks like she has Blue Runner in her two. Most likely a mix of the two. Very cute! Is the duck in front a rouen or a mallard?

I think the other one is a mallard [​IMG] MUCH to small for a rouen...

6. cmr

cmr In the Brooder

Nov 9, 2011
    Norman, Oklahoma

I think the other one is a mallard [​IMG] MUCH to small for a rouen...

Suppose to be Rouen. Brought her (I think) home as a duckling the end of Sept, so she would be about 3 months old. She can fly, but not like a mallard does when it miagrates.

7. cmr

cmr In the Brooder

Nov 9, 2011
    Norman, Oklahoma

That was what I was thinking Swedish with Blue (or black) Runner. She has a few black feathers. She is named Loud Mouth as she is the 2nd loudest of the ducks. Here is another view of her.

[​IMG]

jmoschner likes this.
  8. 70%cocoa

70%cocoa Songster

Feb 24, 2011
    Canberra, Australia
    All blue ducks usually have some black feathers. It's unusual to see an all blue duck with no bib (edit: other than a Runner that is). I like it - she's a lovely duck.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  9. diggerthechickenman

diggerthechickenman Chirping

Nov 2, 2011
    alabama
    DUCKGIRL89

i think you are right the brown one sounds like lucky when she was little , and the blue one sounds raspy not like the other.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  10. Evelle

Evelle Songster

Apr 27, 2011
    North Idaho
    [​IMG] dont you just love it when you have someone on the thread that knows what they are talking about [​IMG]
    all those duckies look beautiful!! i love them all!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: