SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
My female black Swedish duck has been going flat in the pool. Does this mean she is going to start laying eggs soon or has she already?

Has someone told you, or have you read somewhere, that "going flat" means they're going to be laying or are laying? Never heard that.

When they are going flat I found that is they're way of showing desire to be bred. They start young and if no drakes the hens will go through the breeding motions I have found

When they are going flat I found that is they're way of showing desire to be bred. They start young and if no drakes the hens will go through the breeding motions I have found
I haven't seen that in mine yet, I guess she will be playing hard to get
wee.gif

Right duck sex still puzzling me the black duck at the bottom of the pic is called fudge n we think she is a girl quacks really loud the top duck is Donald and angelo is the middle duck with yellowish beak and white in the wings but don't know the sex of these two any suggestions please people

Yes they have green on their heads angelo n Donald their voices are like peeps can't say that's they rasp though , fudge quacked very early on n has got louder n louder over the weeks she is the one who makes all the noise she kind of drowns out the others lol

Back
Top Bottom