SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
What did you think of the Maremmas and Akbash?
I wanted Maremmas, but I couldn't find any in my area (meaning within a 5 hour driving radius...I would have to haul my children along, and more than that is difficult to do by myself with the kids and their needs) and I'm old school...I won't buy a dog off the Internet, and most were too far of a drive for me go see them and perhaps not come home with a dog for my time and trouble. Like thr Akbash, but again, difficult to find in my area and very expensive when I did find one. But a friend has an Akbash and Anatolain and loves them.

I found GPs that were born IN a coop, and while we had our share of little issues, it is working out.

Don't leave babies with babies. Don't trust a puppy with chickens until they are 2. If they find a dead chicken, they will eat it.

Last edited:
Anyone who lives near Murphysboro IL who has a Black Cayuga or Black Swedish drake for sale please PM me! Or if you know of someone let me know. My poor gals are at a loss of what to do without their man.
:/

In the spring, when I reinforce the duck coop, I'm looking to get a blue Swedish, but have not had luck finding anyone local who breeds them- the only blue swedish duck farm I can find is in California. I live in Portland, OR, and believe the less trauma they can go through while in transit, the better. Any suggestions?

2duck family I believe my boy friend got my swedish blue ducks from ca too I received mine when they were two days old and mine are fine they shipped them with chickens to keep them warm but mine are going on three years old in December and I had no problem the only problem I ran into was that after they got out of the box the chicken started to go after the ducks so I had to separate them but I didn't keep the chickens....

here are a picture of mine

Anyone who lives near Murphysboro IL who has a Black Cayuga or Black Swedish drake for sale please PM me! Or if you know of someone let me know. My poor gals are at a loss of what to do without their man.
:/

Ducksinarow gave me a 7 month old Khaki Campbell drake! He's getting along great with his new gals!

Ok so I don't no how to work this... if you are asking what kind of dog I have he is an Italian mastiff . sorry if your not talking to me!
I have an Italian Mastiff/English Mastiff mix and she is the best at keeping an eye on the ducks and chickens. Just yesterday, I hatched some chicks and she sleeps by the brooder and during the day when I take the top off, she stands guard. She is my original baby.

Back
Top Bottom