SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not been a good week. I have one question I just want the easiest way and not a lot of money to be spent. How do you fix hot and cold spots in incubator and in a live duck.

When we walk outside our sweedish/cyuga ducks will start running back and forth in our yard flapping their wings really hard I think they're trying to practice to fly does anybody Swedish ducks fly and if so how high? I have an 8-foot fence but I live in a city neighborhood and I don't want them to end up in my neighbor's pool or in the street should I clip their wings? Or when they start to fly is it a long process? We haven't gotten any lift at all they're just flap really hard and jump up and down there about 10 weeks old and seem to have all their flight feathers. They may just be really excited because every time I walk out we give him some kind of treat. I would feel bad to cut their wings and take away there ability to fly. Is there a way to clip them so that they can fly but not make it over my 8-foot fence.

Most likely. They have a whispery kind of sound.

I have 5 females and one male the females voices fully changed at 7 weeks old and are full out quacks and the males voice sounds like a squeaky whisper and sometimes when he's really excited it's a whispery croak

Last edited:
When we walk outside our sweedish/cyuga ducks will start running back and forth in our yard flapping their wings really hard I think they're trying to practice to fly does anybody Swedish ducks fly and if so how high? I have an 8-foot fence but I live in a city neighborhood and I don't want them to end up in my neighbor's pool or in the street should I clip their wings? Or when they start to fly is it a long process? We haven't gotten any lift at all they're just flap really hard and jump up and down there about 10 weeks old and seem to have all their flight feathers. They may just be really excited because every time I walk out we give him some kind of treat. I would feel bad to cut their wings and take away there ability to fly. Is there a way to clip them so that they can fly but not make it over my 8-foot fence.

They won't fly over an 8-foot fence. Mine is 4-feet and they have never gone over it, not even when they are scared. The ones that I have on my pond will "glide" from higher ground down to the pond, but if they run and flap their wings on level ground, they can't get more than a foot off the ground.

Well we will see if theses works or not. It maybe to big. We took a doggy door extra large and its old but still in box. We never got around to putting it up .so I laid it next to the door way of dog house. It doesn't exactly fit like it should. I will see if partners able to put screws in it and make it fit a little better For my birds

Been letting the babies out for supervised garden play time. Their coop is almost done and wow...am I ready to move them out of their brooder. Any tips on making these guys a bit friendlier, or are they just a bit wild as a rule?
I'm not sure how old yours are but I bought some meal worms as treats. Ever since I started giving those to them they love me a little more haha

Back
Top Bottom