SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have two Swedish Blues...Ferdinand and Billingsworth...two males and they love each other! They do try to establish dominance every now and again but are always together. If we separate them they always immediately run back to each other. Would love to get some more ducks but would likely only be able to get females and would need to get quite a few so these guys wouldn't fight!

Snow ducks!

They live outside but they came in for a visit...

Brothers and they love each other...

Ferdinand

Ferdinand and Billingsworth...love this pic!

Love our ducks :)

We have two Swedish Blues...Ferdinand and Billingsworth...two males and they love each other! They do try to establish dominance every now and again but are always together. If we separate them they always immediately run back to each other. Would love to get some more ducks but would likely only be able to get females and would need to get quite a few so these guys wouldn't fight!

Snow ducks!

They live outside but they came in for a visit...

Brothers and they love each other...

Ferdinand

Ferdinand and Billingsworth...love this pic!

Love our ducks :)
love.gif

We have two Swedish Blues...Ferdinand and Billingsworth...two males and they love each other! They do try to establish dominance every now and again but are always together. If we separate them they always immediately run back to each other. Would love to get some more ducks but would likely only be able to get females and would need to get quite a few so these guys wouldn't fight! Snow ducks! They live outside but they came in for a visit... Brothers and they love each other... Ferdinand Ferdinand and Billingsworth...love this pic! Love our ducks :)
:love
How precious!

What color are the eggs of a Black Swedish duck? I have 5 ducklings (all hens), (4.5 months old) 2 of which are Black Swedish. I was just curious what color their eggs will be.

Thanks!
Mandy

Thanks so much!
Mandy

Just found this pic of my duck's clutch.

And here for size and color comparison:
Top Row: Duck, chocolate orpington, silkie, bantam cochin
Middle Row: Golden comet, black orpington, 2 lavender orpingtons
Bottom Row: 2 OEGB's, 2 Golden Sebrights

Just found this pic of my duck's clutch.

And here for size and color comparison:
Top Row: Duck, chocolate orpington, silkie, bantam cochin
Middle Row: Golden comet, black orpington, 2 lavender orpingtons
Bottom Row: 2 OEGB's, 2 Golden Sebrights
Thanks! The size of the first egg on the left is about the size of my Pekin eggs. they are a soft white, not a brilliant white like store eggs. I have 2 adult Pekins (about 1.5 years old) and "the mob" (2 Cayuga, 2 Black Swedish and 1 jumbo Pekin, 4.5 months old). All of a sudden, over the past week, we have been getting 1 large egg and 1 small egg from the ducks. I was trying to make sure that it wasn't from one of the "babies". Can't believe they would be laying at 4.5 months but you never know. The adults have been laying religiously since they were 6 months old. Thanks for all your help.

I am wondering if ducks change the size of their eggs throughout their life? We used to get 2 large eggs (like yours on the left) but now we get 1 large and 1 small.

I know that the Cayuga lays black eggs, but wasn't sure about the Black Swedish.

With ducks I have discovered you just never know about things...they are ducks!!! LOL

Mandy

Back
Top Bottom