SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pics. The water is really yucky in their pool. They've been playing in the rain/mud all day. These are the 3 I'm keeping. The boy has a splashed bib so I am using him for showmanship. I have a choice of the other 2 for quality. I know their chins are white which isn't good but don't know what else to look for. If you need better pics I can do that. This is for 4 H so they don't have to be perfect and there is very little competition for ducks. They were born in April and are still changing head color as well as a few feathers on their back. One girl has 3 white flight feathers on one wing and 2 on the other. The other girl has 5 on each side. I heard the feather number should be equal but also heard that there should only be 2 or 3, and 5 would be a lot. I don't have the ones I'm selling back yet but one of these girls will also be up for adoption. They are very tame, sweet ducks.

Here are some pics. The water is really yucky in their pool. They've been playing in the rain/mud all day. These are the 3 I'm keeping. The boy has a splashed bib so I am using him for showmanship. I have a choice of the other 2 for quality. I know their chins are white which isn't good but don't know what else to look for. If you need better pics I can do that. This is for 4 H so they don't have to be perfect and there is very little competition for ducks. They were born in April and are still changing head color as well as a few feathers on their back. One girl has 3 white flight feathers on one wing and 2 on the other. The other girl has 5 on each side. I heard the feather number should be equal but also heard that there should only be 2 or 3, and 5 would be a lot. I don't have the ones I'm selling back yet but one of these girls will also be up for adoption. They are very tame, sweet ducks.

welcome-byc.gif
@Azjarose

They are beautiful!! I love them!

I can't help much with the show quality part, but as far as rehoming some of them, you could try the Texas thread here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/44/texas/39900

We also have a buy/sell/trade section, but you need to have more posts before you are allowed to list anything for sale there. So head over to the Texas thread and do some posting, then check out the B/S/T section!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Devastated that one of our Blues passed last week. We are on the hunt for a new blue (male or female), preferably young >6months so we can raise and slowly introduce to our other guy. He's so lonely and we are so so so sad. We are in the New England area and are willing to travel to RI, CT, or NH. We looked online but most places require a two duck minimum...unfort. we only have room for one other right now though. If anyone is looking to sell or adopt a baby blue (or has any ideas on where else to look) please let me know!

I would check see if there are any flocks close by maybe look on cragslist and keep watching took us a bit but we did find a couple,for your area that is how we found the 2 hens for our drake, we have 7 new baby ones a week old now, but to far away as I don't ship, we picked up a couple of females laying age earlier this year for our lonely drake that thinks he's a rooster

ours that we got as 2 day olds in April just laid their first eggs this week

this is how our babies are doing at 2 weeks old that 2 older hens we got hatched out

Npt sure which ones are missy's and which ones are Splash's, but opps looks like we got a few in there from a Indian runner before they were picked up when we ended up with a pair instead of just hens

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom