SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo-hoo my first duck eggs i have sweedish and Cayuga, not sure who's letting these
I'm getting 2aday

Last edited:
Cayugas usually lay gray eggs. My Swedish lays white, although it looks kinda gray, but not from color, more like it looks thin, but it's super thick. I hope that makes sense lol!

quick question as first time we've had hens the ones we got in the spring just started laying and 1 is wanting to sit on her eggs, we are very cold climate here in Idaho and fall weather is just hitting, should we take the egg or let her sit.

They are penned up right now as with 2 hens that have 3 week old ducklings, they ran away for and stayed with a wild mallard pair. They have access to a pool and can be outside or inside, she's laid them out we got probably a month before we see snow fly and hit frequently below zero December and January

Last edited:
well we had a scare today, the ducklings have been integrated in pen with the whole flock and took them out on the pond together for first time today instead of separately, good thing they were all out together, as hawk was gonna go after one of them , but the hens surrounded young ones and were in attack mode along with the drake. So they are all on lock down with that hunting in the area. sorry with tired and all the excitement didn't get a new pick of them all together

well we had a scare today, the ducklings have been integrated in pen with the whole flock and took them out on the pond together for first time today instead of separately, good thing they were all out together, as hawk was gonna go after one of them , but the hens surrounded young ones and were in attack mode along with the drake. So they are all on lock down with that hunting in the area. sorry with tired and all the excitement didn't get a new pick of them all together

Yikes! Nice to hear the big ones are looking out for the littles.

, well the drake was raised with the chickens so he thinks he's like the main chicken rooster, we got the best of both worlds actually with that. my chicken hens know how to fish and mean rooster\drake have worked together on protecting hens and in turn they are teachign new hens same thing they came up together teaching the chicken/duck hens, him and the rooster are formidabale pair defending and the hens surround the babies and younger hens and move em a way if they can

Back
Top Bottom