SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 18mo Swedish Blue is going thru her first molt & its way more major than when the chickens do it! Every time she flaps her wings 5 more giant feathers fall out. The yard looks like we had a predator attack & at this rate the poor girl will be completely naked by next week. I know its normal, but all the birds look so miserable when they're going thru it.
hit.gif

My 18mo Swedish Blue is going thru her first molt & its way more major than when the chickens do it! Every time she flaps her wings 5 more giant feathers fall out. The yard looks like we had a predator attack & at this rate the poor girl will be completely naked by next week. I know its normal, but all the birds look so miserable when they're going thru it. :hit
Yeah. When mine went through it the yard was covered in black and white feathers! Lol

5 month old sweedish Ducks temperaments have changed. The female used to be super friendly and always ate from my hand. The drake would follow her lead. Now that his tail has curled he blocks her from coming to me! Is this a phase? How do I regain his trust?

5 month old sweedish Ducks temperaments have changed. The female used to be super friendly and always ate from my hand. The drake would follow her lead. Now that his tail has curled he blocks her from coming to me! Is this a phase? How do I regain his trust?

My drakes do the same thing lol. I just push them aside lmao. I think it's instinctual. My drakes give hugs and eat treats from us but still act that way when the girls are around.

While my chickens have packed up the egg shop for the season, my Spring hatched ducks are going strong. Love these girls, even with an inch of snow on the ground and shorter days I get an egg every single day from the girls.

Back
Top Bottom