Swedish Flower Hen Thread

highfive.gif
X2!!!
highfive.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Here are the only two SFH I have left. Hopefully come March or April we can add a few more.

Beautiful birds!
How old are they? Does the rooster wear out the single lone hen? Usually roos need more than one hen. Besides his annoying crowing we had to re-home a Silkie cockerel that was wearing out one single female pullet. He was sweet but really needed more females for his randy behavior.

Last edited:
Beautiful birds!
How old are they? Does the rooster wear out the single lone hen? Usually roos need more than one hen. Besides his annoying crowing we had to re-home a Silkie cockerel that was wearing out one single female pullet. He was sweet but really needed more females for his randy behavior.
They were from late 2016 spring hatch. I've honestly never seen the rooster mount her, she just started laying a few weeks ago. These are my only two SFH but they are in with 30 or 40 other birds. Younger layers that aren't laying yet and 2 other roosters. All the roosters are the same age and I've not seen any of them mount the hens. The other two roosters are going to get sold hopefully and then I will just have the SFH. I plan on seperating these two out so I can hopefully get some fertile eggs to hatch out once it's warmer. Right now I wouldn't know who's chicks they might be.
you may have answered this already and I missed it but where did you get those two from they look very much like some birds I've seen before?

I got them from a lady here in Iowa that raised them.

@GypC84

I know this might be SFH 101, but hang with me. :old

You show pics of your two blue-based Swedish. Maybe they are brother and sister, but let's just say they aren't. If you bred blue x blue you would get 50% blue, 25% black, and 25% splash chicks. :jumpy

Last edited:
They were from late 2016 spring hatch. I've honestly never seen the rooster mount her, she just started laying a few weeks ago. These are my only two SFH but they are in with 30 or 40 other birds. Younger layers that aren't laying yet and 2 other roosters. All the roosters are the same age and I've not seen any of them mount the hens. The other two roosters are going to get sold hopefully and then I will just have the SFH. I plan on seperating these two out so I can hopefully get some fertile eggs to hatch out once it's warmer. Right now I wouldn't know who's chicks they might be.

I got them from a lady here in Iowa that raised them.
:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom