Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Update on my chicks for 2022. This was taken after a big meal they had and resting to digest it all.View attachment 3185381View attachment 3185382View attachment 3185383

And this girl got attacked by a fox 3 days ago. Her neck was partially ripped off about 3 inches along her neck. I thought she was dead at first but noticed her breathing. So I did first aid and got her patched up. She is still recovering so she's staying in the house. She is slowly recovering. View attachment 3185386
Sorry to hear about her trauma, but glad to hear she survived and is recovering. My Sven had fox bite wounds to the neck and elsewhere and made a full recovery, so hopefully she will too. The youngsters look gorgeous.

Sorry to hear about her trauma, but glad to hear she survived and is recovering. My Sven had fox bite wounds to the neck and elsewhere and made a full recovery, so hopefully she will too. The youngsters look gorgeous.
I'm a little worried that her neck feathers won't grow right. I patched the skin quickly and even wrapped her neck so the skin wouldn't move. But apparently it did move with her constant head bobbing. So now that she halfway to recovery I can see the skin bonding but it shifted and her neck feathers won't lay down. I'm going to have a tough time integrating her into the flock with her looking like that.

By the way she is going to look exactly like her mother. I can already tell by her juvenile feathers.
20220619_182110.jpg

Hi yall!

This is my new SFH, Tango! Can anyone tell me what this color chick will look like as an adult? And am I correct in thinking she's crested?

Thank you! :)

Attachments

• 20220831_071217.jpg
    20220831_071217.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 7
Hi yall!

This is my new SFH, Tango! Can anyone tell me what this color chick will look like as an adult? And am I correct in thinking she's crested?

Thank you! :)
congratulations!
It's a bit too soon to tell what plumage she'll have, or a crest. I've got several with crests that didn't show until feathers came through.
This lot
1661952142179.jpeg

looked like this after 8 weeks, and almost all turned out with crests
1661952319573.jpeg

It will be interesting to see how Tango turns out: Keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom