Swedish Flower Hen Thread

not sure if anyone is in driving distance, but I have a trio of Swedish Flower Hens I am giving away. I just need to downsize the amount of roos I have. The roo and one hen is not crested and one hen is crested. These were hatched last summer. I am located near Portland Maine. If you can come get them, they are free
big_smile.png
LOL too bad i'm not headed up any time soon... probably later summer if i can. grandfather lives in falmouth, my parents are above bangor. but at least in the portland area there's stuff to DO! LOL

Is there anyone in Arkansas breeding these? I am still looking for some. Would like to get a trio of juveniles or older birds.

Well, here is the only chick to hatch from the experiment KYTimpusher, myself and another BYCer have most recently done.

This baby is teeny tiny. The toy car is a Hot Wheels to give perspective.

The beak looks .... Odd. Like there is hemorrhage in the beak and nasal cavity.

It eats and drinks and goes under the Eco. I managed to get it integrated into the brooder with the rest; I put it and one of my oldest chicks (Silkie I hatched a month ago) into a box and kept it in my bedroom. Then I put them both back in general this morning, where nobody seems to care about the new member.
a561c95610b5221fe7ff45bfb91fdd95.jpg

I'm not sure it will make it, but I have named it Hope.

Well, here is the only chick to hatch from the experiment KYTimpusher, myself and another BYCer have most recently done.

This baby is teeny tiny. The toy car is a Hot Wheels to give perspective.

The beak looks .... Odd. Like there is hemorrhage in the beak and nasal cavity.

It eats and drinks and goes under the Eco. I managed to get it integrated into the brooder with the rest; I put it and one of my oldest chicks (Silkie I hatched a month ago) into a box and kept it in my bedroom. Then I put them both back in general this morning, where nobody seems to care about the new member.
a561c95610b5221fe7ff45bfb91fdd95.jpg

I'm not sure it will make it, but I have named it Hope.
I am interested in keeping up with your shipped egg experiments! What is the latest? I'm assuming that this is not "the shipping in the tin" experiment. I really hope that you find a solution. Also I if I can help in any way, please let me know. I'm not sure of all that you have tried, but maybe more of us working together can discover what is causing the problem.

Your flock is striking. Keep the pictures coming. I an a chicken enthusiast but don't have any much desired SFC yet. I am enjoying looking at pictures.Love your variety of colors.
Blessings...

I am interested in keeping up with your shipped egg experiments! What is the latest? I'm assuming that this is not "the shipping in the tin" experiment. I really hope that you find a solution. Also I if I can help in any way, please let me know. I'm not sure of all that you have tried, but maybe more of us working together can discover what is causing the problem.

These chicks came from eggs that were mailed to a fellow BYCer using standard shipping protocols who hatches constantly and using cabinet incubators, which removes the possibility for incubator issues (I use a tabletop). The eggs passed through the same post office and handling system as they would coming to me. It kind of seems like these eggs do not like traveling to Maryland. She hatched like 20 eggs the same day of other breeds. She had a dozen, 5 made it to lockdown, and the only one to hatch is this bitty scrap of chickie fluffiness.

My little Hope is doing well, surprisingly. Spunky and right there in the thick of things, even though the other chicks are twice its size or more! LOL It did not look good that first night, but seems to be getting stronger every day.

My GF chicks are growing into pretty things.

These chicks came from eggs that were mailed to a fellow BYCer using standard shipping protocols who hatches constantly and using cabinet incubators, which removes the possibility for incubator issues (I use a tabletop). The eggs passed through the same post office and handling system as they would coming to me. It kind of seems like these eggs do not like traveling to Maryland. She hatched like 20 eggs the same day of other breeds. She had a dozen, 5 made it to lockdown, and the only one to hatch is this bitty scrap of chickie fluffiness.

My little Hope is doing well, surprisingly. Spunky and right there in the thick of things, even though the other chicks are twice its size or more! LOL It did not look good that first night, but seems to be getting stronger every day.

I'm so glad to hear about Hope!

Nice to hear that "she " is doing well! Glad that your GF chicks are doing good as well. You have had an adventure haven't you.

It seems like everything in my life that is worth doing is achieved by following a road with huge stumbling blocks. You should see some of the things we went through to buy our farm. The chickens are easier in comparison, but I still feel bad about all the chicks that died at lockdown :( during my attempts.

I need to post some photos of my GF chicks and get opinions on colors at adulthood. They change so much almost day to day!

Back
Top Bottom