Swedish Flower Hen Thread

this is way cool! love looking at pics of everyones birds!
I'm in Caroline County, just north of Richmond and I am so addicted to these birds!
This is Penny and one of the 4 chicks she hatched for me last fall.

Copy and paste the list and add your name to the bottom...

Bulldogma - Near Greatna, VA (1 hr from Roanoke, VA / 2 hours from Greensboro, NC / 3 hours from Johnson City, TN)

TarheelBirdy - Liberty, NC (In the Triad area; 15 minutes from Greensboro, NC and Burlington, NC; 1 hr from RDU).

Bernie56 - Fairburn, Ga. (Atlanta metro; near Hartsfeild/Jackson Int. Airport)

jbarrett - Groveland, FL ( 1 hr north of Orlando, 1 hr south of Ocala

pugbug- Independence, La (1 hr from Baton Rouge, 1 1/2 hr from New Orleans)

Dahlisgrams - Eastern Long Island, NY. Fairly convenient access to the Cross Sound Ferry terminal to New London, CT.

cathiesue - Collinsville OK (20 minutes north of Tulsa Oklahoma)

ki4got - between Roanoke and Blacksburg VA (about 2 hours from Bulldogma)

SunnySkies - Mount Airy, MD, (1 hour north of Washington DC, 1.25 hours south of Gettysburg, PA)

ChickNmamma - Jackson, CA (1 hour away from Sacramento, CA)

Laingcroft - Powhatan, VA (1 hour west of Richmond, VA )

Frizzled Pink - Olathe Ks 30 min west of Kansas City

Jmarie- Hampton, VA (1 Hr south of Richmond)

chiques chicks - Lancaster, Pa

KYTinpusher - Owen Co., KY (halfway between Cincinnati and Louisville)

BHep - Faison, NC ( middle of no- where)

SandBsmom - Snohomish,Wa (20mins outside of Seattle)

kraftyladies - O'Brien, FL (1 1/2 hrs west of Jacksonville)

MaryRuthLangdon - Four Oaks, NC ( Very small town - 1/2 hour south of Raleigh, NC )

lawatt -- sonoma county, CA (an hour north of San Francisco)

Knock Kneed Hen - in the mountains of east San Diego county

Spifflove - Somwhere this side of the Rio Grande in South Texas.

Leahs Mom - Near South Bend, IN

you're added, but like I said before, login to a google acct (gmail will work) and you can add/edit yourself. 8)

Last edited:
Oh...forgot to say that because of the radio, when my dad was in the army, he was promoted to sergeant right away and became a trainer. Radio operator in India, China and Burma.

Some of our chicks!! We have 5 Swedish chicks and I can not believe how fast they are maturing! Way faster than our Favorelles and Silkies. These guys are only four days old and are already sprouting wings and tails. O.O Is there any way to try and decide their genders? I haven't seen any differences so I guess we'll have to wait and see. =)

I hope this was the appropriate place to post!
pics (of chickens) are always appropriate!!!
lau.gif

and appreciated

Quote: So I grew up with parents, uncles, then one of my brothers that are operators. I never did learn but wish I knew code. I may take it yet...I think we may need it some day.
actually code's not a requirement anymore... they dropped it about a year after i got my code certification. that was about 5 years ago or so. LOL so hubby's what they call a 'no code extra' (extra is the level of the license giving us the greatest privileges and frequency ranges available). more info about amateur radio is available at www.arrl.com

if you're really interested in hearing more, pm me and we can chat more.

Back
Top Bottom