Swedish Flower Hen Thread

They are so cute! Congratulations on your new chicks!

I have 9 SFH eggs in the incubator, only 20 days left. :)

They are so cute! Congratulations on your new chicks!

I have 9 SFH eggs in the incubator, only 20 days left. :)
i set 6 last night myself... i had hoped to set them sooner but my cochin eggs were delayed in the mail. (thanks to usps).

so 6 sfh, 16 dorking and the rest bantam cochin - 20 mille fleur, 13 silver laced, 4 silver/gold laced mix, 7 red, 4 partridge, 2 lemon blue and 6 buff columbian... i must have mis counted somewhere... there were 39 eggs shipped in, plus the 20 mille LOL. i had room for all but 1. LOL but once i candle at day 3 or 4 i should be able to find room for it. meanwhile it's sitting on top of the eggs in the turner (which won't start turning till day 3 when i candle).

I just ordered a new incubator from dickey's, 3 egg trays, 1 chick tray. My othed dickey' in dull use has maintained a temp of 100.4 and a hum of around 50 since I turned it on this year. Beautiful barnyard, SWF, basque, sussex, Delewares, Ausssies and guinee hens are hatching away. I really like Dickey's incs. the most reliable ( onse you get them set ) I have found. I also have Little Giants. These are not worth the styro foam there made of. I might use them to keep my children warm for afew days after they hatch. Paul

Bulldogma - Near Greatna, VA (1 hr from Roanoke, VA / 2 hours from Greensboro, NC / 3 hours from Johnson City, TN)

TarheelBirdy - Liberty, NC (In the Triad area; 15 minutes from Greensboro, NC and Burlington, NC; 1 hr from RDU).

Bernie56 - Fairburn, Ga. (Atlanta metro; near Hartsfeild/Jackson Int. Airport)

jbarrett - Groveland, FL ( 1 hr north of Orlando, 1 hr south of Ocala

pugbug- Independence, La (1 hr from Baton Rouge, 1 1/2 hr from New Orleans)

Dahlisgrams - Eastern Long Island, NY. Fairly convenient access to the Cross Sound Ferry terminal to New London, CT.

cathiesue - Collinsville OK (20 minutes north of Tulsa Oklahoma)

ki4got - between Roanoke and Blacksburg VA (about 2 hours from Bulldogma)

SunnySkies - Mount Airy, MD, (1 hour north of Washington DC, 1.25 hours south of Gettysburg, PA)

ChickNmamma - Jackson, CA (1 hour away from Sacramento, CA)

Laingcroft - Powhatan, VA (1 hour west of Richmond, VA )

Frizzled Pink - Olathe Ks 30 min west of Kansas City

Jmarie- Hampton, VA (1 Hr south of Richmond)

chiques chicks - Lancaster, Pa

KYTinpusher - Owen Co., KY (halfway between Cincinnati and Louisville)

BHep - Faison, NC ( middle of no- where)

SandBsmom - Snohomish,Wa (20mins outside of Seattle)

kraftyladies - O'Brien, FL (1 1/2 hrs west of Jacksonville)

MaryRuthLangdon - Four Oaks, NC ( Very small town - 1/2 hour south of Raleigh, NC )

lawatt -- sonoma county, CA (an hour north of San Francisco)

Knock Kneed Hen - in the mountains of east San Diego county

Spifflove - Somwhere this side of the Rio Grande in South Texas.

Leahs Mom - Near South Bend, IN

lcatty - Las Cruces, NM (45-50 min. north of El Paso, TX)

Next week I should get my SFH! Hooray! There certainly are a lot of people in Virginia (I am, too). My chicks will ship Tuesday next week and I'll be sure to take pictures when the arrive.

Next week I should get my SFH! Hooray! There certainly are a lot of people in Virginia (I am, too). My chicks will ship Tuesday next week and I'll be sure to take pictures when the arrive.
go ahead and add your name to the list! and grats on your (soon to be) babies.

edit: WOW! post 4000!

Last edited:
I got the fever! I claimed some SFH eggs in one of the swap threads and I'm excited for them to arrive! These birds are gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom