Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Good Morning All I am really excited to inform you guys I have eggs in the incubator Lazy Q gave me 3 weeks ago and it looks like maybe 8 are going to hatch SFH!
Good morning.. This is really wonderful. I'm so happy for you!
fl.gif

You can see how much darker this pullet got as she matured. 1st photo is at 8 weeks. 2nd is at 13 weeks. It is amazing how much they change as they grow! I finally got some updated photos of some of my red/white girls, and the darker birds from kimberley35042 on my profile page.
That's exactly what Keni looks like! I'm hoping she's getting close to laying. She hatched out first weekend in Sept, so i'm waiting patiently (or not) on some eggs from her.

Thought I would share a picture of a roo I hatched. Has anyone see this color combo before? He kinda looks like three colors in one. I am thinking about using him as a breeder, but since he is only 4 months old I have a couple of months to decide.

Thought I would share a picture of a roo I hatched. Has anyone see this color combo before? He kinda looks like three colors in one. I am thinking about using him as a breeder, but since he is only 4 months old I have a couple of months to decide.

Of course you shouldn't use him, nope, he wouldn't make nice babies at all! But I'll take him off your hands if you want! ;D haha, juuust kidding!

Do you have more of that light color in your flock? That seems to be the color I want most besides the mostly solid blue ones.
Right now, in my breeding pen I have one Brown Mottled hen, 3 Black Mottled, 1 Blue Mottled and a Mohogany Mille Fleur in with a Brown Mottled rooster. I am really hoping to get more brown mottled offspring as I really like that color. I switched roos two months ago so I am not sure what my roo will produce.

The rooster juvie that I am considering using has a Citroen Mille Fleur colored chest. He is still really young so I am interested to see how he turns out. I have never seen a Citroen Mille Fleur Swede before. Has anyone else?

Back
Top Bottom