Swedish Flower Hen Thread

That's good news that he couldnt get in. Just to clarify 'the wake up call' was to myself. There is no way my houses are secure against a fox. I am going to build a coop that is the only way I will get what I want. I love that you can set traps.

I'm so sorry about your losses Sunny Skies and ki4got!

Now to raise spirits just a bit (I hope) here are some recent pictures of some of the chicks I have from wildhorseannie's flock's eggs.

From left to right: pullet, pullet, cockerel, cockerel

My white and 2 blacks - the black one on the right is a "runt" and about half the size of her otherwise identical sister.

The white girl wearing fermented feed.

This one is lovely - sort of a pastel lemon & blue.

My prized chocolate/black girl. (Her runty sister is our favorite as far as personality - she's the first to run up to us and ask to be held.) This one is a bit more standoffish.

The whole gang! Four pullets and 2 cockerels. (And you can see how small "LoveBird" (the runt) is.

Caught the jerk. He tripped the trap last night and got a free meal. I was cool with that, as then he thought he could get away with it.

Tonight, I left the cat food in the can and put it in the trap and set the trap on our deck then covered it with a blanket. Sucker got trapped about 45 minutes ago. Big, fat, angry and aggressive beast.

Now figuring out what to do with it. I'll have to get up early to move the trap off the deck and away from the kids and clean up any poop (coon poop is so dangerous).

Caught the jerk. He tripped the trap last night and got a free meal. I was cool with that, as then he thought he could get away with it.

Tonight, I left the cat food in the can and put it in the trap and set the trap on our deck then covered it with a blanket. Sucker got trapped about 45 minutes ago. Big, fat, angry and aggressive beast.

Now figuring out what to do with it. I'll have to get up early to move the trap off the deck and away from the kids and clean up any poop (coon poop is so dangerous).

yipppeeee
wee.gif
ep.gif

good luck getting rid of him!
hide.gif

Good for you! Personally I would kill it rather than just remove it, unless you take it pretty far off as they tend to find a way back. And just for future ref, another good bait for them is sardines if the cat food ever fails.

I don't think I told this already, but I got my first SFH egg 3 days ago!!! So excited for this, been waiting & wondering what was going on with them since they are now 6 mo old, they've had bright red combs & wattles for several months. I don't know which hen is laying, but she's consistent- 1 every day for the past 3 days. I guess the other's will start soon? I'm going to wait till I get 6-7 then set in the incubator to see what happens
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom