Swedish Flower Hen Thread

'' Here's a pic of one of the chicks I grew out. GIANT crest. This was trimmed too.
She looks a lot like my Hatsy. Are her colors actually a little darker? Hatsy is the only one I hve with a hat crest. She started out named Queen or Queenie in honor of all the hat wearing royals. As soon as it became evident that she was a total nut job I changed it.

She looks a lot like my Hatsy. Are her colors actually a little darker? Hatsy is the only one I hve with a hat crest. She started out named Queen or Queenie in honor of all the hat wearing royals. As soon as it became evident that she was a total nut job I changed it.
She May have been a tad bit darker. I sold her, so I'm not sure. She was a pretty girl. I knew that she was going to have a huge crest when she hatched. She had a indentation in her scull. The kids called her Dr. Two Brains, lol.

Hi folks! It has been a while, so I wanted to drop in (looks like I have about 80 pages' worth of posts to catch up on) and share a picture of my daughter enjoying our SFH. These were all hatched in April but no eggs yet. The crested ones I have (two of the ones in the picture) came from Greenfire and all of my non-crested pullets came from Bulldogma. They are so calm and friendly. So far the cockerels have not displayed any aggression towards us and the pullets are outright people-pleasers. My 2 1/2 year old daughter calls the splash one "Ghost" and the blue one "Bluebell." She likes the help me feed the chickens and will pat them saying "I'm taking care of them, Momma." I'm sold!

Hi folks! It has been a while, so I wanted to drop in (looks like I have about 80 pages' worth of posts to catch up on) and share a picture of my daughter enjoying our SFH. These were all hatched in April but no eggs yet. The crested ones I have (two of the ones in the picture) came from Greenfire and all of my non-crested pullets came from Bulldogma. They are so calm and friendly. So far the cockerels have not displayed any aggression towards us and the pullets are outright people-pleasers. My 2 1/2 year old daughter calls the splash one "Ghost" and the blue one "Bluebell." She likes the help me feed the chickens and will pat them saying "I'm taking care of them, Momma." I'm sold!
love.gif

Awwww. So cute.

Sheesh, my SFH are molting, naked neck and looked pathetic and no eggs....whaaaaaa....they are my best layers...they were the last of the chickens to molt.....and the first to the fence for treats. I went where to their coop and tons of feathers everywhere...you would have thought there was a massacre!

I keep a chick from them this year and she has a tiny crest. Her parents have super tiny crests. Then I got some from GFF and they have some nice crests. Most of them are white based. I will be keeping the darker ones and selling the white ones. They are super curious and friendly!

Sheesh, my SFH are molting, naked neck and looked pathetic and no eggs....whaaaaaa....they are my best layers...they were the last of the chickens to molt.....and the first to the fence for treats. I went where to their coop and tons of feathers everywhere...you would have thought there was a massacre!

I keep a chick from them this year and she has a tiny crest. Her parents have super tiny crests. Then I got some from GFF and they have some nice crests. Most of them are white based. I will be keeping the darker ones and selling the white ones. They are super curious and friendly!

Don't get rid of those white based youngsters yet! The mostly white chicks early on, turn out to have great mottling as adults. This breed really does change quite a bit over time.

I don't want to post anything that is outside the rules however I am looking for SFH birds and I'm having difficulty finding a source of quality birds. I have ordered eggs in the past but I'm having some difficulty with my incubator so thought I would look for fall sale or flock reductions. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom