Swedish Flower Hen Thread

looks like she's mobile again at least!
thumbsup.gif

and very happy and well loved!

She has figured out how to get around. The hock (the original injury) bends backwards (eeewww!!) and the foot curels up as a result of soft tissue issues, but she flaps and runs. LOL!

And she comes when she's called! We haven't given her any treats or anything - but like her mom, she loves human attention!

I hadn't named her because I thought I was going to cull her, but at this point, I should probably name her.
Anyone have suggestions?

She has figured out how to get around. The hock (the original injury) bends backwards (eeewww!!) and the foot curels up as a result of soft tissue issues, but she flaps and runs. LOL!

And she comes when she's called! We haven't given her any treats or anything - but like her mom, she loves human attention!

I hadn't named her because I thought I was going to cull her, but at this point, I should probably name her.
Anyone have suggestions?
This sounds like our BLRW hen who has a similar problem. She's a regular layer and can get around by herself. We couldn't put her down when she's content and seems to be happy. We named ours Nellie.

I think Sunny or Happy are good names for her :)

Ouch! I'm not too creative but I'll second the name "Sunny"

All eggs present and accounted for! They're sitting in a tray and will go into the incubator in the morning. Thank you Bulldogma!

Anyone have suggestions?
I brought one home just like her about 2-1/2 weeks ago! Can't wait until quarantine is over to get her outside with the rest and get some pictures.

I think she looks like an "Angel"
wink.png

I brought one home just like her about 2-1/2 weeks ago! Can't wait until quarantine is over to get her outside with the rest and get some pictures.

I think she looks like an "Angel"
wink.png
Quote:
My mother in law named her gimpy chicken Claudette (called her Claud for short).

Both are wonderful suggestions.

So far we have Sunny, Angel and Claudette. How ever will I choose?
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom