Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I like your white standard poodle. I have 4 standard poodles and they are all grils.
thumbsup.gif

he's my second... he misses my old boy who we lost in November 2012... so do I. there might be another in the future, but I'm not actively shopping rightnow.

Sunny's a awesome boy tho. self-taught part time lgd, tracker and full time (me-taught) service dog.

I have a question for anyone (k.i.forgot, bulldogma, etc) who could direct me and/or post
pictures of chicks at 1-3 days old and the corresponding picture of them as mature adults.

I know that sfhs are a landrace so things aren't exact but since I am getting more chicks this year, I want to see if I can get a couple where they look different than the three hens I already have, if that makes sense.

<~~~~in my profile pic, one can see I have a MF, a black (?name), and a white/grey splash (definitely not all white like BDG's nameless pullet or her mother)

I have a question for anyone (k.i.forgot, bulldogma, etc) who could direct me and/or post
pictures of chicks at 1-3 days old and the corresponding picture of them as mature adults.

I know that sfhs are a landrace so things aren't exact but since I am getting more chicks this year, I want to see if I can get a couple where they look different than the three hens I already have, if that makes sense.

<~~~~in my profile pic, one can see I have a MF, a black (?name), and a white/grey splash (definitely not all white like BDG's nameless pullet or her mother)
I have lots of pics of my birds as they were growing here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6152521/swedish-flower-hens/

and here (early chick pics are here): https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/a/6139948/uploads/

I would also appreciate seeing pictures of a single bird as both a chick and adult, the down colors are so varied.

I just hatched some eggs from KYtinpusher, they were beautifully packed and I had 13/18 hatch - excellent for shipped eggs. They were such interesting colors too!

I would also appreciate seeing pictures of a single bird as both a chick and adult, the down colors are so varied.

I just hatched some eggs from KYtinpusher, they were beautifully packed and I had 13/18 hatch - excellent for shipped eggs. They were such interesting colors too!
Glad you had such a wonderful hatch!
celebrate.gif
Sadly, I could not find any plastic Easter Eggs on markdown after Easter this year, so I am almost out.
hit.gif
But I will still pack well using other proven methods to keep the eggs safe even if the USPS elephant sits on the box.
rant.gif

Though I must admit, the USPS is getting better, at least around here. I got a call from the USPS Louisville Sort Center supervisor on Saturday night about 10:30pm about the eggs I shipped out that day to California. She told me they could not be put on the plane that night because they are considered "Lives" and they don't ship those on Saturdays. (I put "Fragile! Live Embryos!" on the box.) She was all concerned because the eggs were going to sit there until Mon night/Tues morning before they were put on the plane. BLOW ME OVER WITH A FEATHER!!! This lady had to call information to get my number and let me know! She said she had like 4 boxes of eggs sitting there with the same problem. I bet she called every shipper that night. As we talked, I said if I hadn't marked the box they would just go and she said that then they run the risk of having a heavier box(es) put on top of them and maybe crushing them. This lady actually cares what happens to my eggs!!! OMGosh!!! I wish all postal workers were that conscientious.

She also said she was going to try to sneak them in on the top of the can to go on the plane that night! She was going to call me on Monday if it didn't work out! No call, but no further scans, either.
hmm.png

Now that I know, I will no longer send out to the western US on Sat, but this just floored me.

Such a great hatch rate! of course we need those fluffy pics, esp. to hold me over until I can finally get more of my own here ;>

Meanwhile, I have a new toy -- camera in phone like the rest of the world, & it takes (to me) amazingly great pictures so at long last here are updated ones of my 4 sfh birds!

#1 Roo -B.V. (ie "The BlackViking") - Kti4got this is the older crested one from you, pic taken yesterday.

#2 Roo - Stav - this is the uncrested (?)splash that we are guessing is a Mace son if I remember correctly

Here are both Roos w/ both girls (black= "Flo" 1 yr old hen from 2013eggs fromCarolJ on BYC),

This is the _still_ un-named pullet, from PappaBrooder of BYC eggs 2013
I'm wanting to name all the girls after flowers & for some reason "Daisy" comes to mind but she doesn't look like a Daisy so <shrug>
still working on a name, meanwhile I should have pure eggs next week!!

? she is MF right??

& this one is the one we debated about due to very large waddles, but she lays the pointy eggs so yes pullet :)

Back
Top Bottom