Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Hard to tell for sure....do these guys have crests?

I did try to contact a possible "chicken train" person...no response yet.

Do you also have photos of any of your black based fellows?

Hard to tell for sure....do these guys have crests?

I did try to contact a possible "chicken train" person...no response yet.

Do you also have photos of any of your black based fellows?

Einstein is the only crested boy of the bunch. The rest are not crested. I'll have to email you privately about black-based... everything is sold, but for you I might sell you an older one that I was going to keep... looks a lot like Mace.

You know...if I work out this transport, I'll have to get one of the pullets that has some of that "chocolate" look if you have any.

So far I haven't had a reply from the possible transporter. :(

The teeny boppers at 13 weeks

Just found out the major chicken show in our area has been moved INTO my town :) I'm so excited. It's in January. I hope we can place some SFH in the rare breed section! My 10 yr old really wants to.
I'd like to use a couple hens. Would you start acclimating them to a cage now? In and out on a daily basis for 3 months should condition them, right? Mine have never been caged.

Just found out the major chicken show in our area has been moved INTO my town :) I'm so excited. It's in January. I hope we can place some SFH in the rare breed section! My 10 yr old really wants to.
I'd like to use a couple hens. Would you start acclimating them to a cage now? In and out on a daily basis for 3 months should condition them, right? Mine have never been caged.
pop.gif
waiting to hear the answer to this one from the experienced peeps in here. I think Marilyn Monroe,,aka Greta, was just scooped up, and thrown in a cage the poor dear....LOL.....

MB

pop.gif
waiting to hear the answer to this one from the experienced peeps in here. I think Marilyn Monroe,,aka Greta, was just scooped up, and thrown in a cage the poor dear....LOL.....

MB

I actually recently wrote an entire article on preparing and showing a chicken in a poultry show.
big_smile.png

Greta is an attention fiend and loves to be held and handled. Any bird that is not so fond of being held does need to be worked with daily - putting them into and taking them out of a cage. Pulling their wings out to count their feathers, being turned over and held in odd ways. Yes - start working with the chickens now... and there are a few other things to do to make sure they are in top form for the show. I PM'd you, Cackle. =)

Back
Top Bottom