Swedish Flower Hen Thread

My workout partner is a hot Swedish guy! This happens every day. LOL! Here's the link if the video gets chopped off in your browser:
Chickens are something special. :) that was great. Our flowers follow my 8 year old son everywhere. @KYTinpusher I am so sorry for your losses recently. That boy was gorgeous. I'm sure the ladies miss him. And that girl was beautiful too. Let us know how the hatch goes!

We had a beautiful day in East Texas yesterday and spent the whole afternoon outside with our flock. Thought I would take a few pics to show them off. The big black Cockerel is an Olive Egger that Texas Flower gave us at a day old when our first hatch only produced one bird. He's a great bird with so much personality. He was gonna go in the stew pot, but I can't bring myself to do it. I've grown to fond of him. I'm gonna hate getting rid of him, but can't let him breed my swedes. The chicks came outside for the first time yesterday into the run from their Juvenile Coop. It was fun to watch and even more fun watching my flock watch them. Have a great day everyone.

@Chica Chick
This breed is very friendly. They are generally fine with handling, some more so than others of course. I had one sweetheart who LOVED being held (she was taken by a hawk in December unfortunately). This is a really wonderful breed in all respects. Of the breeds we keep, only the Swedes and the Dominiques keep us in eggs during the height of winter. They do free range very well and far, and that would be the only con I could think of for this breed for some people (if you have tight space limits). If you have the
range space, then it's a pro because they'll feed themselves.

We had a beautiful day in East Texas yesterday and spent the whole afternoon outside with our flock. Thought I would take a few pics to show them off. The big black Cockerel is an Olive Egger that Texas Flower gave us at a day old when our first hatch only produced one bird. He's a great bird with so much personality. He was gonna go in the stew pot, but I can't bring myself to do it. I've grown to fond of him. I'm gonna hate getting rid of him, but can't let him breed my swedes. The chicks came outside for the first time yesterday into the run from their Juvenile Coop. It was fun to watch and even more fun watching my flock watch them. Have a great day everyone.

BR66

Great pictures, love seeing your birds and your setup looks great! I am so envious of all that grass, dirt, leaves... anything that isn't snow! I would love to have all my little ones out in a juvenile grow out pen! Keep us posted with pictures as they grow. Handsome black cockerel too!

Happy almost spring!

MB

thanks I have many eggs in bator, I know I have at least one pure SFH egg left. I had to remove 2 non-fertiles. My other eggs are 6 green eggs full of birds like my avatar, one brown mystery egg, and about another 6 Blue andelusian/Isbar/americana mixes, (blue/mint green eggs)

Back
Top Bottom