Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I thought the dark one had to be the cream legbar. She looks to be developing a crest, She's very silver looking. I think she's just darker then what I've been seeing, and that's what was throwing me off

I will, thank you for your input! When she was brand new, we figured she has to be the cream legbar (so my friend took her, cuz that is what she ordered) I took the darker one, and since we didn't know who else died, we figured the dark one had to be one of the 3 I ordered, sussex, sfh, or partridge Penedesenca. But the one I had, just kept kept looking like it could be a DARK cream legbar.. So we swiched. And now I have the girl with white on her. Whatever she is Swedish Flower Hen or speckled sussex.. I think she's going to be pretty!

I have a funny odd question. This chick that I'm not sure what she is she sounds funny... She makes a noise unlike any other chicken I have. Do you know if a SWEDISH FLOWER HEN has a little different sound?? Or do speckled sussex have a little different sound?

Gosh, it sounds more like a pheasant cross chicken.. like chicken and another birds sound.. I don't think peacocks, it's been a while since I've heard a peacock.. I don't really know how to explain, she has a different tone

I think it's a normal sound. My girlfriend has had it for the last 3 weeks because we thought at 1st it was her cream legbar. But it wasn't, so we switched birds. So yesterday when she 1st got here I could tell how different she sounded when she was put in with the other chicks I have the same age. If anything I really noticed it when she was being loud... loud life she was saying...what in the world this is not my house, these are not my friends..

I just wondered if different chicken breeds have different sounds or "voice" tones. Basically I could tell it was her, because id never heard a squawk like hers in my brooder.

Back
Top Bottom