Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Ok so now I'm bragging. Here are my 2 German Roos

Quote:

Yes, there's not too many here, but it's increasing & there seems to be an interest in NY for the SFHs.

I actually met "Raven625" in September, so I have one of the other roosters she raised.

Ok so now I'm bragging. Here are my 2 German Roos

This roo is very handsome, plus looks to have a "stockier" build than many of the SFH roosters I've seen.

Feeling sad.

I had a 3-4 month old pair, but the pullet stuck her head thru the fence and got trampled by the other chickens, breaking her neck.
I also had 3 youngsters, about 2-3 months. One was grabbed by a hawk, and then my favorite little pullet went into the stall to scavenge feed dropped by my donkey and got stepped on.

My remaining two are on lockdown, I'm waiting to see if the last little one is a hen or roo. :(
I'm going to end up buying an incubator this year, and look for some hatching eggs.

Feeling sad.

I had a 3-4 month old pair, but the pullet stuck her head thru the fence and got trampled by the other chickens, breaking her neck.
I also had 3 youngsters, about 2-3 months.    One was grabbed by a hawk, and then my favorite little pullet went into the stall to scavenge feed dropped by my donkey and got stepped on.

My remaining two are on lockdown, I'm waiting to see if the last little one is a hen or roo. :(
I'm going to end up buying an incubator this year, and look for some hatching eggs.

I am so sorry! :hugs

Feeling sad.

I also had 3 youngsters, about 2-3 months.    One was grabbed by a hawk, and then my favorite little pullet went into the stall to scavenge feed dropped by my donkey and got stepped on.

I'm sorry about your losses. :(

I'm not great with sexing chicks. Can y'all give me a second opinion? I think chick 1 might be a roo. The comb is a little bigger than the other one, which I think is probably a pullet. Thanks!

CHICK 1 (darker back and more white feathers):

CHICK 2:

Back
Top Bottom