Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Here it is!! Our very first SFH x Salmon Faverolles chick. Fascinating coloring.

Neat cross! I love Faverolles too. That color is stunning, interested in seeing how that cross turns out!

If I'm seeing the photo correctly, it looks like there's a bit of a greenish sheen to the black feathers on her back. That, combined with the black legs, suggests she is part black australorp.

Thanks! I have been trying to decide if that is what she is mixed with (Swedish Flower and Black Australorp). She definitely has VERY dark legs, not grey, but I would say black. There is also a hint of green in her feathers in the right light. She's a big fluffy girl (hoping girl anyway), and has a very timid personality. We think she's pretty, even if she isn't a Swedish Flower as she was supposed to be.
smile.png

Hello :) I have a few chicks who are almost 4 weeks old now. At first I thought one was a little polish mystery chick because I didn't know if they are crested it can show from day one! This is her (hopefully a her- we bought them sexed):

Day One:

Today:

This is our other little "girl" (again, hopefully) any opinions on the comb at this point seems a bit too pink/big to my eyes for a pullet (almost 4 weeks)?:

Day One:

Today:

I hope they will flower out more as they fill/feather out. Mine seem a bit dull compared to everyone else's chicks? But I just love them!! I think these birds have the prettiest faces and eyes. I am definitely going to get some hatching eggs and try for some more color! Thanks so much.

4 weeks is a bit early to sex quite yet.
Coloring will change quite a bit as they go through their juvenile molts. Keep posting pics as they grow. Cuties for sure.

I also have a few SFH chicks who arr around the same age. I still cant tell the sex yet. I also have one that is mostly brown with a white chest. It is not as colorful as my othera thats for sure but i am sure it will keep changing.

4 weeks is a bit early to sex quite yet.
Coloring will change quite a bit as they go through their juvenile molts. Keep posting pics as they grow. Cuties for sure.

Thank you! I definitely will, I love seeing everyone else's too. I love how they are all different.

I also have a few SFH chicks who arr around the same age. I still cant tell the sex yet. I also have one that is mostly brown with a white chest. It is not as colorful as my othera thats for sure but i am sure it will keep changing.

I think so too, it will be interesting to see. I still think their refined little heads and eyeliner with the light grey/super dark green colors of their eyes is really pretty.

Is there anyone in Tennessee or close by that breeds Swedish flower hens?

Me, Me, Me!

This is Spoticus and his gang of 9 German import girls. There are 2 snoleopard hens in the group. The brown and blue hen is broody right now on 13 eggs.

There are more pictures in the album on my profile page. You can access it from here.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom