Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I was just speaking with saskia via email. This was the

" They lay different shades of eggs, from white to brown. I was surprised to read on the Backyard Chickens Swedish Flower threat that somebody was of the opinion that they should only lay brown eggs. I know for a fact that the Swedish Flower hens in Sweden do lay different shades of egg colors including white eggs."

I agree with a previous poster that Blue House Farm is a good breeder.

I was just speaking with saskia via email. This was the

" They lay different shades of eggs, from white to brown. I was surprised to read on the Backyard Chickens Swedish Flower threat that somebody was of the opinion that they should only lay brown eggs. I know for a fact that the Swedish Flower hens in Sweden do lay different shades of egg colors including white eggs."

I agree with a previous poster that Blue House Farm is a good breeder.
when I think of white I think of leghorn eggs, blinding snow white. Chalk white. Anything that is off white (tinted, cream, etc) is brown in my eyes. Just different shades.

Eggs from my isabel leghorns. Very, very white. Chalk white.

Has anyone ever had a female SFH with spurs? If so, how large do they get? Are they passed on to their female offspring?

One of my SFH pullets is 10 months old and has a 0.25-inch long spur developing on each leg. She has flesh-colored legs and has always had a very pointy tail. I really wanted to set some of her eggs because she's good layer, but I don't want to perpetuate spurred females in my flock. Advice would be appreciated.

Has anyone ever had a female SFH with spurs?  If so, how large do they get?  Are they passed on to their female offspring?

One of my SFH pullets is 10 months old and has a 0.25-inch long spur developing on each leg.  She has flesh-colored legs and has always had a very pointy tail.  I really wanted to set some of her eggs because she's good layer, but I don't want to perpetuate spurred females in my flock.  Advice would be appreciated.  
can you get us a picture? All of mine have your typical quarter-inch spur bump but it doesn't grow.

Back
Top Bottom