Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Quote:
So out of the ones you are showing here, what are those colors called? Is there a color variety name or no? Im just trying to learn more about these chickens and there really is not that much info out there about them. I hope I get a hen as I only ordered one.

Had at least 1 SFH make it through hatch!!
celebrate.gif
7 chicks out so far, 2 zipping, and 7 more still thinking about it.
jumpy.gif

Maybe more, since this was a first time test run I still have other cream colored egg layers in the mix. So I only labeled the ones I specifically witnessed to be SFH as such.
yippiechickie.gif
All are half SFH, but that don't count.
old.gif

Quote: So, did you order a pullet or straight run?

I agree, not much info on SFH... still working on finding things out to. Don't quote me as whatever I say is not complete in the following.... I think there are base colors... blue, white, black,( maybe brown, possibly more). I know a couple varieties are called Snow Leopard and maybe milli fleur. Yellow legs are preferred, pink or mottled is OK but white is not. There are crested and non crested. It is OK for the comb on the crested to be slightly wavy. And all should have the flowers created by the white tips.

I will look forward to seeing more and hopefully accurate info from these folks who have been breeding a while!
big_smile.png

Quote:
So out of the ones you are showing here, what are those colors called? Is there a color variety name or no? Im just trying to learn more about these chickens and there really is not that much info out there about them. I hope I get a hen as I only ordered one.
these 6 are black based. Most probably will be millefluer color. They all are blue/black/splash as a base, then throw the other colors/patterns on top of that. For example my German boy is red and white but has a sole black tail feather, making him black based.

I have gotten SFW eggs from eBay that came from greenfire farms and they are brown eggs. I also ordered some from somewhere else and they are large white eggs. The picture I attached is one from the white eggs. I'm just trying to figure out why they are both called SFH. Anyone have some that lay white eggs?

I have gotten SFW eggs from eBay that came from greenfire farms and they are brown eggs. I also ordered some from somewhere else and they are large white eggs. The picture I attached is one from the white eggs. I'm just trying to figure out why they are both called SFH. Anyone have some that lay white eggs?
Swedish flower should never be laying white eggs. Slightly tinted to pale brown is what they should lay. Who did you get this white eggs from?

My phone won't load your pic for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom