Swedish Flower Hen Thread

I've enjoyed reading through many of these posts. I just got 3 of these beautiful birds, but I'm wondering if I have all cockerels? I'm not certain on the ages, I'm thinking between 7-10 weeks? I can exchange for pullets if needed, so there's that at least ;)

This one with the comb and wattles look super pink here, though normally they're fleshy colored to very light pink.

These last 2 are the same bird. "She's" very sweet and maybe my favorite.

I just love these birds already and want more in my flock! They're just so pretty :)

So I live in Colorado where would I find the Swedish flower?
Hi-

I have under my broody hen 6 swedish flower chicken eggs. They are due to hatch today! I'm excited, but worried to check to see when I get home from work today. I was told that hatches at altitude under a broody are about the same as an incubator, so I've tried to not get too egg-cited yet. I will be looking to rehome these chicks...just wanted my broody to have a chance and it so happened I found someone with SFC in Colorado Springs. I'm told this stock originated from Greenfire Farms. The lady I got them from has only one rooster, so you wouldn't want to breed these together (imho). There is a farm in co. springs that sells these for $15 each straight run. Have to check my other computer, as I have the site bookmarked there. I am in Evergreen, west of Denver. I will keep you posted on the hatch if you are interested.

Thank for getting back with me, Where is SFC Colorado, is that South Fort Collins, I really don't want a rooster, just hens. keep me posted. Thanks again

Thank for getting back with me, Where is SFC Colorado, is that South Fort Collins, I really don't want a rooster, just hens. keep me posted. Thanks again
SFC stands for Swedish Flower Chicken. I am in Evergreen, west of Denver. If you only want hens, you'll have to be patient. Won't know until 8 weeks or so to guess on gender. You can also check facebook for sources for this breed and see if someone has any pullets ready now.

Yes Thank you for getting back with me, I am interested. I only want two to start with. Please let me know, I live close to Brighton.

I've enjoyed reading through many of these posts. I just got 3 of these beautiful birds, but I'm wondering if I have all cockerels? I'm not certain on the ages, I'm thinking between 7-10 weeks? I can exchange for pullets if needed, so there's that at least
wink.png

This one with the comb and wattles look super pink here, though normally they're fleshy colored to very light pink.

These last 2 are the same bird. "She's" very sweet and maybe my favorite.

I just love these birds already and want more in my flock! They're just so pretty
smile.png
Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I would also say 2 pullets and 1 cockerel. The cockerel has nice yellow legs on him. Your crests also look pretty good.
smile.png

Barring any late bloomers, I can ID most of my SFH by 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom