Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Well, I have the young pair pending pick up... and I set more eggs. If these come out all red and white, I'll be looking to hatch some eggs from someone who has more black and grey in their flock. Or maybe trade if they are local. So fingers crossed!!!

Pretty birds! Yeppers...those two are boys. I believe the crested one pictured with them in pic 5 is also a cockerel. Has some pretty red wattles.

I also have birds from Michele. I think that everything coming from her has been just amazing! You'll get a couple of gorgeous pairs out of these, then you
can make your own!

Do any of you live in Tennessee? I am potentially looking for a non-crested Swedish Flower Hen Rooster. If you do live in Tennessee, PLEASE let me know. Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks

Out of 11 chicks - 7 of mine were roosters! I rehomed 6 of them, though. The one I have left is crested - and he is HUGE! The hens are average sized chickens - but the roosters is big and gangly! Is that typical of SFH roos?

I love the crests, by the way. So I will be breeding for crests and color. My hens are 22 weeks this week. Is that about when yours started laying?

Do you have any non-crested Roosters, Carol? I might try SFH's this summer for breeding. I don't have that much to offer for a guy, but being as you are trying to breed out of non-cresters, I might be able to take one off your hands.

Yes, 22-26 weeks! It won't be long.
Out of 11 chicks - 7 of mine were roosters! I rehomed 6 of them, though. The one I have left is crested - and he is HUGE! The hens are average sized chickens - but the roosters is big and gangly! Is that typical of SFH roos?

I love the crests, by the way. So I will be breeding for crests and color. My hens are 22 weeks this week. Is that about when yours started laying?

I am in Gatlinburg, Tn and should have a non-crested roosters in the next couple months.
Do any of you live in Tennessee? I am potentially looking for a non-crested Swedish Flower Hen Rooster. If you do live in Tennessee, PLEASE let me know. Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks

Thanks

Me and contrastphoto... her birds are older... I'm setting eggs as much as I can, so I can have chicks available at times.

Me and contrastphoto... her birds are older... I'm setting eggs as much as I can, so I can have chicks available at times.

Also... I just sold a young cockerel who was uncrested. Maybe the next round. I try to sell the boys in pairs ASAP if I don't need them. So 4 weeks or so and I know for sure. I can vent sex too, if you were interested in day olds.

Hatched this one out for NYD.

Roo or Hen?

600x444px-LL-42e2620b_IMG_0826.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom