Sweet PDZ?

I refuse to put nasty and disgusting smelling fly traps out to keep the flies at bay. Not really an issue yet, as with my turkeys when we first got them. IMHO, those "reusable fly traps are NOT reusable and just attract more flies.

I hate those things, too. They look gross & the smell makes me gag! I use PDZ in the coop & I clean my run 2X a week. Doesn't take long & keeps the fly situation under control. I use fly spray on my horses. No strips or traps. I've also used fly predators in the past for the horses c

I hate those things, too. They look gross & the smell makes me gag! I use PDZ in the coop & I clean my run 2X a week. Doesn't take long & keeps the fly situation under control. I use fly spray on my horses. No strips or traps. I've also used fly predators in the past for the horses c
I was looking at the fly predators they had at Home Depot. Wasn't sure how well that would work though...especially for $50. Have you had success with it in the past? I read the back and it said that it kills flies in the larvae stages, but I haven't seen maggots anywhere, which makes me wonder...if their breeding elsewhere and just attracted to the coop, then how do the predators kill them?

I use shavings deep in the coop, with permethrin dust lightly spread under the bedding when it's cleaned out. My run has a light layer of shavings, and some hay, also hay in the nest boxes. The fly predators from Spalding do a good job too. 15sfp.spalding-labs.com. Deep bedding and total cleanout a few times a year is much easier rather than the whole daily poo board and scooping sand routine, especially with my 35 to 60 bird flock!
old.gif
Mary

Back
Top Bottom