Sweet PDZ

Pineywoods Peepers

Certified Poultry Accruer
11 Years
Jun 5, 2010
Pineywoods of East Texas
So I went to tractor supply to get get some StallDri, but they don't carry it any more. They carry Sweet PDZ instead. I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure it was safe, and when I went to the Sweet PDZ website, I couldn't figure out what it was made of. Anyone know? Is it safe to use in my coop?

Thanks,

Rachel

I just went though the same thing this last spring. I too went to the website for PDZ and they claimed it was safe for poultry. Since I couldn't find Stalldry I went ahead and bought it and it's been great. the only problem is that the PDZ doesn't contain food grade DE like the Stalldry does. DE is the main ingrediant in Stall Dry that helps to control flies. PDZ is a good product and works well to keep the coop dry and cuts down the ammonia levels but will not do anything for flies. I ended up useing the DE in addition to the PDZ to help control the flies.

Our Southern States in Westminster, MD is now carrying the Food Grade DE. I was really surprised to see it there, they said it was a new item and going out as fast as they got it in. So maybe more of the feed stores are catching on.

Back
Top Bottom