1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!
  1. Pineywoods Peepers

Pineywoods Peepers Certified Poultry Accruer

So I went to tractor supply to get get some StallDri, but they don't carry it any more. They carry Sweet PDZ instead. I didn't buy it because I wasn't sure it was safe, and when I went to the Sweet PDZ website, I couldn't figure out what it was made of. Anyone know? Is it safe to use in my coop?

Thanks,

Rachel

2. oldchickenlady

oldchickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2010
    Cabot, AR
    I have been using it since I put my chickens outside and they are disgustingly healthy.

3. Lilacfeather

Lilacfeather Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Does it help with flies? I have had my chickens 1 week, and already the flies are irritating me.

4. Pineywoods Peepers

Pineywoods Peepers Certified Poultry Accruer

I don't know. I haven't really had a problem with flies - yet...

Rachel

5. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just went though the same thing this last spring. I too went to the website for PDZ and they claimed it was safe for poultry. Since I couldn't find Stalldry I went ahead and bought it and it's been great. the only problem is that the PDZ doesn't contain food grade DE like the Stalldry does. DE is the main ingrediant in Stall Dry that helps to control flies. PDZ is a good product and works well to keep the coop dry and cuts down the ammonia levels but will not do anything for flies. I ended up useing the DE in addition to the PDZ to help control the flies.

6. SandyK

SandyK Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Eldersburg, Maryland
    Our Southern States in Westminster, MD is now carrying the Food Grade DE. I was really surprised to see it there, they said it was a new item and going out as fast as they got it in. So maybe more of the feed stores are catching on.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by