Swelling in between chicken's toes

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Your hen's feet look fine to me. It is normal for chickens to have fleshier parts between their toes, which may appear swollen/change in appearance depending on how the chicken stands.

True bumblefoot would make the entire footpad larger and more swollen, and you would probably see a black scab somwhere on the foot.

It is on her left foot! She doesn't seem to be limping or in any pain, but the swollen area is a little red. I will definitely keep an eye on the swelling and check for any heat and keep an eye on her poop. She hasn't shown any signs of lethargy or anorexia or anything else though. Thank you so much for your insight! @TwoCrows

It is on her left foot! She doesn't seem to be limping or in any pain, but the swollen area is a little red. I will definitely keep an eye on the swelling and check for any heat and keep an eye on her poop. She hasn't shown any signs of lethargy or anorexia or anything else though. Thank you so much for your insight! @TwoCrows
Just keep an eye on her. This could be an injury, nothing or possibly MS. If she starts to really go lame over this next month, or comes down with any funky symptoms along with this webbing swelling, I would consider getting her started on Denagard just in case.

Keep me posted! PM (private message) me if this starts to get serious. I can help you through this if this blows up into a case of MS. Keeping my fingers crossed this is nothing! :)

Welcome to the Backyard chicken flock, I hope your chicken's foot turns out to be no cause for alarm. I do see a little puffiness between 2 toes but, it may be normal for her.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock! You're in good hands with TwoCrows, fingers crossed your chicken will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom