Swellings around eyes any ideas what this is **Pic included**

I took to the vets last night and he isnt very optimistic at all.

He thinks she has bacterial and viral infections with a sour crop making her very weak.

We are going to give her one last try, she is going on Tylan and an antifungal ? we have taken her off food for a little while to reduce her crop, massaging it and giving her yoghurt and oil. Its not ideal at all as she is pretty weak still but she is trying to walk and she is really trying to fight this.

I cant bare?sp? to give up on her if she hasnt given up yet.

He thinks she has mycoplasma (mg and possibly ms) but not certain of anything. We'll give her until the weekend or so and if she is not eating on her own we'll have to call it a day.

I was in tears in the vets and had a 45min drive home whilst in tears. Thankfully i had a good friend call me to keep my mind off things at least until i got home!

We took one of our girls to the vet last week for eye that was swollen shut, and lethargy. Turned out her temp was 107 F. We don't know what was wrong still, the final cost was something like forty or fifty Dollars in cluding the injections doc gave her. DH took her everyday for a few days.
He also gave her gentimyacin drops we put in her eyes four times daily. We had teramyacin in the water for several days, too.
Don't know if this helps, but if it does that would be good.
I know you know these things, but think about water, electrolytes and vitamins, too
Hope your dear little one pulls through
MarlaKaye

Last edited:
Thanks Marlakaye,

Turns out the medication is going to cost alot. $40.00 and after paying $40.00 for the consultation i am not sure that i have that and besides the medication is for 100 birds?

I have now posted to see if anyone has some tylan or similar that they can sell to me just for my little girlie

Back
Top Bottom