Swilled a screw

Chickens swallow a lot of things, including glass, plastic, strings from feedbags, earrings, and yes, screws. While she may not survive, somewhere on the BYC treads, there is one about a chicken with a screw sticking out of her belly. She had apparently swallowed the screw a long time before, and it worked it’s way to the outside on it’s own without any treatment. The owner cut off the tip of the point, and seemed normal.

Chickens swallow a lot of things, including glass, plastic, strings from feedbags, earrings, and yes, screws. While she may not survive, somewhere on the BYC treads, there is one about a chicken with a screw sticking out of her belly. She had apparently swallowed the screw a long time before, and it worked it’s way to the outside on it’s own without any treatment. The owner cut off the tip of the point, and seemed normal.
This wasn't a very big screw and the point wasn't all that big I hope she will pass it without harm thank you for your reply.

Give her castor oil or egg whites to make her digestive tract nice and slippery to assist in carrying the screw out. You have a 50-50 chance of it passing through without any issues. But it could get hung up in the crop or gizzard. Keep her well hydrated, as well.

T
Give her castor oil or egg whites to make her digestive tract nice and slippery to assist in carrying the screw out. You have a 50-50 chance of it passing through without any issues. But it could get hung up in the crop or gizzard. Keep her well hydrated, as well.
Thank you I will try that I hope and pray she be okay

By now she should have pooped out the screw if it was going to come out. Do you see any signs of her not feeling well? Is her appetite normal? What does her poop look like? Any diarrhea?

Back
Top Bottom