Swine flu pandemic - fact or fiction?

I really think that the mexican people have some sort of genetic predisposition to weakness against this particular strain of flu. Perhaps on a mitochondrial level, or something.

Thats my theory.

Quote:
I don't think that one can die from the flu shot itself (unless severely allergic to eggs). But the flu itself, I'll buy it.

Sorry...must be out of the loop on the human side of it...what does being severely allergic to eggs have to do with the flu shot?

The virus for the flu shot is grown inside of eggs.

We had over a dozen school closing this morning because of possible cases of swine flu. Almost all High schools too. I am wondering if these teenagers are figuaring out a way to get out of school. I am sure some may have some kind of cold or flu but this many? Seems a little strange to me.

a school here has closed for the week because they have a possible case of the swine flu.
I think that is WAY overkill. I mean it isnt the bubonic plague. No one has blood dripping from their eyes.
roll.png
Cautious is one thing. Closing a school for a week? If i were a parent I would be ticked

Rhett&SarahsMom :

a school here has closed for the week because they have a possible case of the swine flu.
I think that is WAY overkill. I mean it isnt the bubonic plague. No one has blood dripping from their eyes.
roll.png
Cautious is one thing. Closing a school for a week? If i were a parent I would be ticked

No, if this does turn deadly (and it's mutating all the time so who knows) and your child caught the stuff after the school KNEW they had a case and didn't close the school THEN you'd be more than ticked. They're just protecting themselves in this litigious society we live in.​

Quote:
I don't think that one can die from the flu shot itself (unless severely allergic to eggs). But the flu itself, I'll buy it.

That's what I meant. Ooops. I know a lot of people that get the shot and get very sick though. I wouldn't get a flu shot, nope. They're just taking a guess on what flu might be around then and make a batch.

Think of the bigger picture here. Pharmaceuticals do not have a vaccine. If we raise the level to Phase 5, that opens the door and eliminates the red tape and creates funding for Pharmaceuticals to mass produce a vaccine which they can sell and make a lot of money.
Phase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short. WHO

Geneva, April 30 (DPA) World Health Organization Director General Margaret Chan raised the pandemic influenza alert one level to phase 5 Wednesday night in Geneva in light of developments in the swine flu outbreak.
Chan said all countries should activate pandemic flu plans and called on them to be on high alert for influenza-like illnesses and pneumonia.

She also called on pharmaceutical companies to take “certain actions” with urgency and at an accelerated pace.

Malaria has no vaccine, kills more than 1 million people per year, sickens 300-500 more per year but affects people in poorer countries who cannot afford the price of good health.

Sorry, I just dislike fear-mongering tactics.​

I am so sick of hearing about the swine flu.......

My DH had the flu about 3 weeks ago...I told him it must be the swine flu because he is a man and all men are swines....
I love him anyways
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom